Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by roxanne-lee, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roxanne-lee

roxanne-lee Guest

I feel so lost in this world, just like i dont belong here. i have no friends, no confidence, no self esteem, and dont leave my home. i know i need help but how can i get help without leaving my home? a neighbour of mine recently committed suicide and i got this insane feeling of jealousy, i wanted to be gone too. i worry consantly everyday until the point of physical sickness, i cant eat too. i feel im losing my mind .what shall i do? btw im 18.
  2. Fawx

Fawx Member

Well, I guess what may help is talking it out to people here first. If the people here can talk to you, give you advice and opinions and maybe help you feel good about yourself even just a little, you may gather up enough strength to go outside and find a little more help, if that's what you feel you need. I've seen you in the chat before, so always know that, if nothing else, you can talk to me. I'm sure there are others who would extend this offer as well. :)
  3. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

Hi, I can be anxious a lot of the time. I have some low confidence as well and absolutely no friends, things are bad enough as it is. You should just be yourself and things will get better. If you need a friend, I'm here, and I'm also 18. I hope you feel better. It may seem tough but things will probably get better.
  4. saeyoon Chung

saeyoon Chung Well-Known Member

The problem here is you don't leave home. What you've described.. that's how I spent my last winter(5 months, I live in a cold city) and this summer.(3 months)

It drove me nuts. All it did was amplify all my problems and create illusional fears in the back of my head.
    It was like.. I was completely immobilized in fear(even when there's nothing blocking my way), I found myself disgusting.

I can tell you.. you won't solve anything without physically taking the step out the door.

Make "excuses" for going out. Go to a concert, any local events. Go by yourself if you have to. You don't have to try to make friends. Just get out there, enjoy the event, feel the breeze and watch the people around you.

Getting a job(sales associate, stock person) at a trendy clothing store at a mall would do the trick. Much easier to get the kind of jobs, if you're a young girl.

It's all about getting used to it.. at one time I was scared to "death".. just ordering doughnuts or just raising up my hand in class. Now I don't mind public speaking.(and I'm still shy)

The worries you have might be just "false evidence appearing real." Sounds cliche but you haven't gone out and tackled the problems. So you don't know yet.

Even the temporary comfort you feel at home might be false sense of security, an excuse to stay home.

Once you get out more and more in some ways, the fear will dispel itself.
    I'm sorry if I sounded too "clinical."(I really don't mean to)

I'm young... at 22. But you're much younger, you're only 18.(that's a good thing)
    How I wish I were 18 right now! I would have changed so much about my life.
    You should be pumped up, full of energy~ Even someone like me(shy and pessimistic, no girl, no close friends) is going out and at least trying stuff.

Imagine you were 25, life sucked and you had a chance to press 'reset button' to go back to 18. What would you do now?

Sorry if I sounded corny.. but.. 18 is a good age to start changing your life around. You can start from scratch and not lose anything.

Don't feel trapped. Get inspired.. Get out the door and do something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.