Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Songie, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

Cant stop thinking about the bottle of trazedone on my pretty sure it would kill me...or at least put me in a coma or something...cant stop thinking about it...but I know that i need me, please...
  2. akito38

akito38 Member

Don't do it! most people that over dose either end up head injured. Or get some other health complications down the road.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Why don't you throw them down the drain that way you won't be tempted get rid of them okay
  4. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hey songie..

iv had the same problems before.. about 2 years ago i was given some tablets 2 help me stop drinking.. and i ended up getting very drunk and taking all of them.. i technically 'died' but was found and brought back.. i spent about 2 weeks in hospital recovering..
    a few months back i was prescribed the exact same tablets! in a sense i was happy that i had a means 2 go..i knew they would do the job..i felt kind of safe knowing they were there for when i couldnt take anymore of life..
    anyhows i did end up overdosing on them again.. but i didnt take half as many as before..
    it proved 2 me that i couldnt trust myself with the temptation of having an excess amount of pills..
    i flushed the remaining pills away.. and now i try 2 just have the pills i need 4 that week.. mabye u could do the same? another idea might be 2 give the pills 2 someone u live with 2 look after?
    take care :hug:
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I agree. My parents keep watch over the amount of pills too. They do this because they care and don't want to see me OD again.

The doc kept me on the same meds too. Which I don't get, but oh well.
  6. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

It's a really good idea to get someone to dispense ur pills a week at a help me from being tempted....FYI trazodone is really hard to OD on...
  7. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

I cant give them to anyone in my family...because if they find out that im suicidial again they will make damn sure i end up in the nut house...and that is NOT where I want to be. Most of them know that ive had a few cutting issues lately, but they dont know that i actually want to die...idk...i dont want to end up locked up...that would be bad. But yeah, i think just getting rid of the pills would be the best way to do it. or hiding them from myself or sumthin
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Songie,

You've been given good advice. Keep the meds away from sight or preferably tell your doctor that you don't want such a large script in future.
    Let us know how you're doing :hug: we care :smile:
  9. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I agree with all that has been said so hope that you are now in a better state of mind.
    I hear what your sayiing about ginger you meds to your parents but at the same time coping that you are suicidal. Can you maybe say you don't feel suicidal but don't want the temptation. Blame it on us, say it is a common practice you heard about just as a back up. Who knows they may see at as progress (which it is) that you are trying to work things out in your life instead of bailing.

Well that is my bit and for what it is worth when I OD'd I was in the hospital and the damn idiots let me out on the 12th floor balcony to smoke! I so could have jumped but figured it was a sign of sorts so am not surprised that doctors put you on the same meds....they sometimes know they can not stop us if we have our mind set on checking out.

Please let us know how you are doing.

Hugs Bambi
  10. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

Im doing alright...havent tried to, i guess im alright...
  11. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Glad to hear that you haven't OD'd. Take a lovely walk, or jog, or do something physical to get your blood pumping. Find a way to distract yourself from that bottle of pills and from cutting.
  12. Songie

Songie Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll have to try that. idk...generally i listen to music to distract me from the idea of ODing but sometimes it makes me think about it gets frustrating heh
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.