Treated like dirt.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by carebear35, Jan 6, 2016.

1. carebear35

carebear35 Active Member

The other morning I was watching something on tv when my mother's boyfriend just out of the blue changed the channel. I got annoyed and shouted because he could at least have asked before he changed it. Mom told me not to complain because "he does pay for the satellite tv" Do I need to remind her that I paid the outstanding electricity bill. If I hadn't paid it exactly what were they going to do with the satellite tv? It's like what I do means nothing. Logic tells me that without me this lot would be sitting in the dark with no water.
  2. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

If would be in good mood I would have switched off the tv xD.. if I can't watch .. no one else can ... but if my mom would have said that .. i would never have again watched her tv .. i better would bring mine when I have enough money
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Her was clearly rude, and sadly likely too old for you to teach him better manners. Thankfully he is the one that needs to deal with having poor manner sand makes him look like a schmuck but losing sleep over your mom's boyfriends poor manners is not worth it to you. Take care of yourself and don;t let anybody- mom or her boyfriend- make you miserable over trivial things.

I would really consider saving and letting them do on own without your help if they do not want to recognize your contributions and perhaps a discussion along those lines next time the electric is due or whatever payment that falls to you would be helpful. Of course they will instantly point out you paid the electric and then compare that to a list of 10 things they paid - but don't let it distract from the point or try to say it is equal- simply that you do also contribute and deserve recognition and respect for that.