Treating Wounds

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Lovecraft, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

There's already a lot of resources around here for help with stopping the habit and I encourage you to try and quit, but if you're like me sometimes things are too bad and you'll have to cut or you don't know what you might do. In this case I'd like to encourage damage control.

There's already a stickied thread on treating burns but I want to mention a very easy, simple step to help keep cuts from becoming infected: Alcohol. No, don't drink it, that's a whole other problem. Whenever you open a cut you should apply some form of disinfectant, the easiest to get is rubbing alcohol or even a spirit (Whiskey, rum, bourbon, vodka, etc.) will do just fine. When the cut stops bleeding you should apply another wipe of the disinfectant.

Most disinfectants will sting but it's not unbearable and it's far better than an infection; please, if you can't stop yourself cutting disinfect the wound.

2. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

:hug: Thanks hunny. I will keep this in mind, as it's something that is easily available and not obvious xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.