Trick or treating!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by KittyGirl, Oct 31, 2010.

?

When did you stop trick or treating?

1. I never went 'trick or treating'

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. I stopped in elementary school

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. I stopped in high school

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. I stopped in college

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm an adult and I stil go trick or treating! (without my children- lol)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other. (please explain)

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

2 Questions: When did you stop trick or treating? and also-- do you have any funny/scary stories from Halloween when you were a kid?

I stopped trick or treating, my first year of highschool.
    My brother is in his second year-- held back a year; so he should be in his third year and he's still trick or treating...
    I hate it when teenagers (and ones who arent even in costume, either) come to the door wanting candy. -__- and you gotta give it to them or your house will be 'tricked' whilst you sleep. Damn teenagers! XD

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

We don't really celebrate it in Aus. Some people throw parties... just as an excuse to have party not because they actually care about Halloween.

I kinda wish we did though.

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Stopped elementary school, my siblings started going out with their friends and I didn't really have any. *shrug*

4. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Never went as it never appealed to me as a kid

5. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

I stopped when I was in Middle School (7th grade).
    Thats why I chose Other as an option.

6. KittyGirl

Oh, right... well... I think 'technically' - middle school and jr. high can both be put into the elementary school category.
    Where I'm from we go from elementary school (JK-grade 8) to highschool (9-12+)
    There are also collegiate schools that go from kindergarten all the way to last year of highschool... but I think in general I meant:

never went
    went until about grade 8 or before
    went until sometime during highschool
    went past highschool - before getting married and having children
    Always go

7. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

I stopped when i was 12, i was told i was too old to do it any more.

8. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Never went and any kid who came to my flat yesterday looking for candy got disappointment instead.

9. KittyGirl

lol
    the general rule is that a house needs a jack-o-lantern or decorations up for it to be a 'trick or treatable' house. we only got 3 children and 5 teenagers tonight... -____- and the teens weren't even wearing costumes.

10. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

Didn't go this year or last year, but I've gone every year before. So 9th grade was my last year.

11. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

I'm in high school! (9th grade) and I went this year!!

Btw, I DID wear a costume. :tongue:

And I'm planning on going next year too. :laugh: :D

12. 1112222

What a bunch of Lazy bastards, isn't dressing up the whole bloody point of Halloween.

13. KittyGirl

Well... it was below freezing point tonight-- but a mask or some makeup, even- would have been sufficient.
    yep... damn teenagers. If I'd have just closed the door in their faces, we would've gotten egged or worse-- so I gave them a damn candy. -___-

14. 1112222

Piff they should of just hardened up and braved that cold if they wanted to prove that they wanted that candy.Also is Halloween big in Canada?

Though yesterday two six year olds who knocked on my door were dressed up as pimps while their mothers looked pleased as punch.
    I still don't know if I was either disturbed or amazed at whole thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  15. KittyGirl

Yeah, Halloween is big!
    I don't know a single Canadian who hasn't been involved in trick or treating as a kid, really~
    Most of the larger towns and cities in Ontario also do 'Zombie Walks' and Halloween festivals, too.
    Our Wonderland themepark also does the "Halloween Haunt" event every year. I worked there one year and it was alot of fun.
    Our town hosted a "Witch hunt" on hallows eve - and also did some murder themed dinner parties at town hall.
    Down the road a bit outside of town there was also a haunted cornfield maze, as well.

For the kids we got tonight-- the costumes were really cute! haha XD
    There was a little 2 year old girl dressed up like a panda (and probably had no idea what was going on...)- her daddy was holding her (so he probably was the one craving candy lol.
    There was also a 6 year old dressed up like a pirate and another boy about 9 or 10 dressed up in a pretty cool horse costume with fake back legs.

The last time I went to a Halloween party was probably 3 years ago ad I didn't have a costume, so I made one up out of things I found in my sister's closet.
    I was an "emo prom date" (as my sister called me) - just wore a tuxedo t-shirt, skinny jeans and sneakers, swoopy hair and lots of eye makeup that was smeared down my face like I'd been crying. haha- creative. :laugh:
    My sister was Cowgirl Barbie. < it was pretty funny to see us standing side by side.
    I love Halloween. Hope I can cope with being around people soon so I can actually take part in holidays that I actually like.

16. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

The last time I dressed up was 3 years ago as my high school physics teacher. So nerdy.

17. 1112222

Wow I guess next time that I'm stuck in Canada during Halloween I should go to Ontario not Yellowknife.

Every year my work has a Halloween party but this year I gave it a miss.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  18. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Halloween is fun for costume themed parties, not for trick or treating. Why go out in the freezing weather for some candies when you can wait the next day for the 50% off sale on every candies.

19. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I was 15 the last time I went. Some old lady stood there and stared at me for at least a full minute. I thought, well this is awkward. :congratulatory:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.