Tried and failed

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Fitzy, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Failure even at taking my own life. Failure at every thing. Watched the Terry Pratchett programme the other night and wish I had the money to go to Switzerland. Trouble is they say they only offer the service to people who are of 'sound mind', which probably rules out the suicidal but it shouldn't. Why shouldn't I be able to make a rational decision to end my own life? Feeling suicidal is as distressing and debilitating as any physical condition. I want to put an end to this misery! I can see no future for myself but I'm too scared.

2. Caster

Caster Well-Known Member

Well I'm glad your ok. :hug:

I would definitely see your doctor and get some new medicines or altered dosages of the ones you're on if you're on any.

Did something bad in particular happen that brought on this attempt?

Please stay strong and hang in there. I'm really glad you're alright; I'm sure there are a lot of people who would have missed you. Talk to us hun.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hug to you hun i am glad you are still here with us please stay safe okay talk vent it out here hugs

4. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Hello Fitzy,

I understand that you feel like a failure probably due to several things that occurred in your life.

Suicide is not something that we choose; suicidal thoughts is caused by what happened, the important thing to remember is that whatever happened it can be dealt with. It might sound easy to say and difficult to get it done, I understand this feeling but believe me it's not as hard as it sounds.

The fact that you "failed" to take your life i actually consider a very positive sign, it means that 1% of you or maybe even more wants you to live - i want you to hold onto this part.

You feel miserable currently, you seem to feel hopeless and helpless.

Consider this small paragraph:

Suicide is not the solution, you may think that by suiciding you will be relieved from pain, relief is a feeling and you need to be alive in order to be able to feel. You will not feel this relief once you take your life.

5. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

I stopped taking my meds months ago - they make me feel worse. My psych was supposed to refer me for counselling but didn't contact my GP. My GP was going to follow it up but hasn't and I haven't got the strength to chase things up.

There is nobody who cares about me.

6. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

I can't even vent cos I'm too used to keeping it all in. I want to scream and cry but I'm too used to being a control freak.

7. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

I can't see any answers right now. I'm going to lose my home; I have no job and no money. I have no support; no friends; jack shit in the way of family - the family I do have contribute to my depression.

I know I wouldn't feel any relief if I was dead but I don't think I want relief - I just want to not exist. I've felt like thus for over 40 years and I can't take much more.

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Dam health system you phone okay you get angry and phone and you get the help you deserve Fitzy okay Your wrong you do have people who care I care and so do others care here about you. pIck up the phone get the help you need and get back on those meds okay hugs.

9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I second every word TE said...
    busy professionals forget....shouldn't happen but it does
    I urge you to find the strength to ring them and get the help you need
    you're worth it-especially to us

10. Constantinos

Hello Fitzy,

I care about you and other members of this forum cares about you, although i do not agree with your psych/GP who seem to have both forgotten we need to accept this - sometimes unfortunately they may forget - they are humans like we are and the same way we may forget to do something they may forget to do something.

I recommend you remind your psych/GP about this and also mention to them they you think that no one cares about you - they and us all want to help you.

11. Constantinos

Hello Fitzy,

Do you think you can just leave yourself for a couple of moments "free", crying will help you a lot as you will be able to show to yourself your real emotions - even screaming would help as that is what you want and feel.

12. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Thanks folks. I'm giving myself some time to cry right now. I'm going to ring GP on Monday. X

13. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

that's so good fitzy...
    let that grief out.
    let us know what happens with the GP *HUGS*

14. Constantinos

Hello Fitzy,

I am very happy to hear this, well done and well done for deciding to call your GP on Monday - you are a fighter and you will be the winner - i am sure your GP will also help you.

Keep us updated on what happens with your GP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.