Tried and failed

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by just-somebody, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just-somebody

just-somebody Member

I tried to commit suicide yesterday and I took an overdose of 30 aspirin and a few anti depressant. A friend realised what I was going to do and she called my college. Someone saw me and called the ambulance but I am still here. I saw my mums face when she was told I had an overdose and she was so upset she was crying. Everyone thinks I am some sort of mental girl and I don't know what to do. Everything just seems so pointless but I can't try anything again because the people around me are watching me and think they can give me the support I need. :(.

2. wickedsick

wickedsick Member

i'm at the same point, feeling useless for years...
    people say it, i'm not sure, but maybe useless peple like us have something to do...
    try to struggle with your problems , we're here to help...

3. just-somebody

just-somebody Member

4. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I'm sorry.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk. I won't judge you, I know what it's like to feel that way.

5. Sent

Sent Banned Member

Sorry its so hard :-(
    Lucky u didn't get comitted. I attempted suicide in college and got suspended and comitted in hospital for 2 weeks
    And attempted in the airforce and gogt discharged

6. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

You took the ingredients of a bad stomach ache and now probably have ripped a hole in your stomach lining from the aspirin. Many suicide attempts leave people in worse shape than they were. Talk to someone at the college and see if they have any sort of counseling program you can take part in. I know that at the University of Texas they do, and I think this is spreading out to other campuses as well. Regarding the military, new laws are going into place in regard to suicide related incidents and attempts (the President recently signed in some new ones but more are on the table).

7. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

I really hope that you begin to feel much better very, very soon...I'm pulling for you--Don't give up!

8. just-somebody

just-somebody Member

Thank you guys so much for all your support, I have already asked college and they seem to think my problems aren't bad enough for counselling. I have tried everything to feel whole but I feel empty and it feels like I am just living for the sake of it :(

9. Waterfall55

Waterfall55 Well-Known Member

Your problems matter and you matter. I am sorry you heard this response when you reached out for help. Are there local community centres/family services where you can find counselling? Even if you get put on a waiting list, your name might come up sooner than you think - it is worth the calls because you are worth it.

10. Dreamland

Dreamland Well-Known Member

Right off the bat, I want to say that you tried and didn't end up killing yourself, but that's not a failure. That's a success. Life is still holding on to you, and you need to embrace that. I promise you, these feelings are fleeting and conquerable. Your mind plays tricks on you to make you think this feeling will last forever, but it doesn't. I know it doesn't, because I've been where you are. Please talk to us on SF and we'll do anything we can.

11. DepressedDave

DepressedDave Member

deleted

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
  12. just-somebody

just-somebody Member

Sometimes I feel like such a burden and I feel I am better off dead. Nobody will need to worry about me or get angry at me for the things I do.
    I was called selfish by a friend because I don't care about the people who love me, I only care about getting better. :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.