1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tried, failed. But I'm glad.

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by pogosticker, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

I OD'd. I thought the hardest part of it would be forcing myself to swallow them - but I had enough willpower to do that. The hard part was forcing myself to wait for it to happen, so I ended up calling myself an ambulance.

It was an awful, humiliating experience. I upset quite a few people as well, and I hate what I did to them. I also disappointed a few. I don't intend to do anything like it again. The whole thing was incredibly embarrassing, and of course I regret it, but the experience turned out to be a good one, based on the outcome and the things it made me realise. I have a lot more hope now.

I hope others who suffer suicidal thoughts try to listen to the incredibly quiet voice in the back of their mind telling them NOT to do it. I wasn't being rational, despite how rational the thoughts seemed at the time.

Hope you guys stay safe.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you called for help hun hugs toyou

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

So glad you failed as well...and what a painful but priceless lesson to have learned...thanks so much for sharing

4. pogosticker

Thank you both. :)

It was an awful experience, and of course I regret it, but it was a big eye-opener and in a way I'm glad it happened (or didn't.)

Definitely learned my lesson. Felt awful, physically and emotionally but it did have a good outcome.

5. Lost_Daughter

Lost_Daughter Well-Known Member

So glad that your ok hun:) I'm happy that it gave you hope and you realize that you have the gift of a second chance. Even if you find yourself feeling down again, reflect on your experience and keep fighting.:hug:

6. pogosticker

Thanks, Lost_Daughter! :hug:

I hope I'm able to look back on this experience and stop myself, should I ever get to that point again.

But things are a lot brighter right now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.