Tried real hard for nothing

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Valentin, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Valentin

Valentin New Member

In a couple of months I will be turning 30 and I will have nothing to show for my life. I can remember a time when I was 18 and I said "things will be better in college" or "things will be better when I make friends". But things never got better in college and I was never able to make any friends. I just graduated from another school and now am drowning in debt. Beyond that my job prospects aren't spectacular and even if I did find a job, emotionally I am not sure I can handle it. I feel like I have been trying hard to stay on track, to not hurt myself and I have nothing to show for it.
    OCDNihilism likes this.
  2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hi Valentin, I'm sorry to hear you're seeing no rewards for your hard work. Unfortunately it seems to be the norm these days, the cost of education is horrendous, it took me 10yrs to clear my education loans and I was 50yrs old when I did lol. I started late so at least you have youth on your side and a good possibility things will get better. You sound like you've done well and hopefully the job situation improves for you, I'm sure you'll start making friends when you're working in your career. Take care and I wish you luck.