Tried to hang myself

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Timmy, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timmy

Timmy Member

About four hours ago

Okay.. I had everything setup, i didn't have the ideal conditions/tools..

Was looking forward to the post-death experience

<mod edit: Malcontent - detailed> Rope snapped just after impact and ended up smacking the concrete face down with a pretty sore neck and a weazy voice.

I really am glad - it has showed me those impulse feelings you get are just chemical changes inside your brain and you will end up feeling better the next day.

This really has given faith, that living is the right thing to do!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2007
  2. LeaveMeAlone

LeaveMeAlone Well-Known Member

I hope so.

Just remember the fact that you're feeling better now, doesn't make you cured, if you haven't done so, go get help.
  3. zusanna

zusanna Active Member

i'm glad you aren't suicidal anymore. that sounds like a truly awful experience. good to see you're still here with us.
  4. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I think the realisation that suicidal impulses are just chemical changes in the brain is a tremendous step in the right direction. Now, bin any rope or other materials you've gathered because you know suicidal thoughts are just temporary delusions of the mind.

I think sleep is a great mental healer. You can't beat it. "Sleep first, think later".

Pop on the forum anytime. There's always someone around.
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad that you were not successful timmy and were able to learn from this experience. The realization that you really do want to live is a huge one. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. I am glad you came to the forum. Take care. :hug:
  6. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

I too am glad :smile: you are converted and do understand of the consequences and effects. It is indeed helpful that it can occur while you are young and can make a life for yourself. Without self-injury/suicidal hopes. I hope that I can start to adopt that belief. I really, really wish for that. Good luck to you!!
  7. PoetMan

PoetMan Well-Known Member

I've tried hanging myself more than anything else, and it just doesn't work.

:hug: Don't give up hope. You don't have to die. Get help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.