Tried to stop

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by just dont care, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just dont care

just dont care Well-Known Member

well i tried to stop cutting but i started again tonight. i only lasted about 4 days but i started to cut again tonight i couldnt help it, it just felt good to cut and i cant stop. it feels good to cut myself and i cant stop what should i do? sorry i know this is asking to much but i know its wrong but i cant help it anymore.
  2. ybt

ybt Guest

what should you do? i think you should do this.

ask yourself "why do i cut myself"? not "because it feels good". if you get that answer, look for another one. ask yourself the more important question "WHY does it feel good?". don't answer "because it's an addiction". if you answered with this, ask yourself this: why is it an addiction? is it because you are depressed and you don't have another outlet? is it something else? finding out the cause of the problem is a good way to find the solution. if it's because you can't find another outlet to vent your pain, keep this in mind: anyone pressuring against you is not worth your time. you are better than them, despite the good intentions you might have. i don't know your situation, but don't you dare feel any pressure to conform to standards.
  3. silence1one

silence1one Member

Human minds can be powerful,challenge your thoughts and substitude with other ways,may be use a red pen and draw across your intended spot,cold shower,listen to your favourite piece of music......I wish you good luck in overcoming your mental thoughts.
  4. BrokenPieces

BrokenPieces Well-Known Member

4 days that is good work hun...

now try and aim for that 7 day mark!!!! You can do this... because i have stopped altogether... and so can you..
  5. just dont care

just dont care Well-Known Member

i hope i can stop. tonight i showed the girl i like my cuts and she wants to talk to me about it tommarow i am scared i didnt want to show her but i couldnt hide it from her cause i scratched my leg and it hurt so i showed pain, and when she asked whats wrong i told her i got a cut on my leg and it hurts when i scratch it . she then asked me to show it to her but i refused, cause i got bunch of cuts ony my leg, and then she got mad cause i didnt want to show her. so when i was leaving i showed her my leg and she said that she would talk to me about it tommarow. i dont wanna cut anymore because i dont wanna worry her but its hard.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Sharing with someone that you cut is very hard. Especially someone you care about. Stopping because you don't want her to worry is a good motivation, but remember the one you need to stop for is you. Yeah, it might make you feel good for a short time. It may release the pain for a short time, but in the end the reason still exists. Cutting really solves nothing in the long term. it causes other probblems in that you have to explain things to other, the cuts itch. hurt, leave scars, etc. You stopped for 4 days. What a wonderful thing! Shows you can do it. As BP says try for 7, or 5, or 6. Extend the length of time and celebrate each day as a victory. Try to find a distraction when the urge is strong. If you can keep yur mind off of it, the urge may go away. 20 minutes seems to be the magical number. If you can put things off for 20 minutes for some reason the urge lessens. These of course are only my thoughts. I hope you can take what we have all said and use what you need to be successful. :hug:
  7. why do you cut yourself?..i cut myself too
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.