Trigger help!!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Alarius, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alarius

Alarius Member

So to add to all my devastation and such, my mothers best friends son attempted (or committed, did not ask for more details ) and is talking about it.

So people are talking about it in a more detailed way. And cant talk to them about me, dont want to be rude and ask not to talk about the member of our family/friends you know.

I have been up all night, due to more devastation news, and i was already on the way out of the door to begin with. Last night was the hardest night since the last time i attempted.

Please provide suggestions as soon as possible.

2. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Does your family know that you attempted? Please don't do anything you are going to regret. If your family friend committed, or attempted, then let them handle it. And it will all be okay. I understand how devastating it is to lose someone to suicide. I've lost many people to it. Just relax and take a deep breath. I'm here if you need to talk. Just PM me. <3

3. Alarius

Alarius Member

no they have no idea really of my past. Ive lost and even walked in, and attempted a few times. Its them talking about details thats such triggering, wish i could apply the forum rules to my life.

4. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Have you considered this might be exactly the time to let them know? It is at least much less stigmatised within your family circle.

5. Alarius

Alarius Member

@limbo, I dont know. I think your right, but I am so near the edge, if they would get upset (which they are already) or such, Id lose it completely.

The only reason, that I am still here, is because of these forums, trying to follow advice, get support and be able to talk and relate to people. Even if its on a day to day (well moment to moment) basis.

Last few days, I have been living on these forums, literally. Between cutting and these forums at-least i have been able to make it the last few days.

6. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

I think if you're waiting for the day to tell a family member you're suicidal/have attempted, and their reaction is not at least partly upset - you're going to be waiting the longest time.

They will in all likelihood be upset - but that doesn't mean that they can't at least bottle that to help you get better.

7. Alarius

Alarius Member

I guess your right, there would never be a good time. But on the other side I dont want them to know, If im gone they can find out/know.

Its easier said than done ya know. How did yall tell someone if yall dont mind?

8. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

I dont think I told them the right way.. The way they found out was when my friends mom called 911 for me cuz of an overdose. And the cops showed up and yeah.. my mom was really upset and pissed at me and didnt want anything to do with me, but she had to go to the hospital with me anyway.. I'd actually tell them instead of doing it like that. But there never is a good time. But good luck to you

9. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

I didn't tell - my Dad walked in my attempt.

I wish I had told someone before - I'm sure the way he found out was infinitely more hurtful than it could have been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.