*trigger* I must be missing something, what makes life worth living for YOU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I must be missing something as I really don't want to go on. I don't want to feel this way and would love to have something good in my life but alas I see nothing and have recently been losing hope once again. What makes life worth living for YOU?

Last edited by a moderator:

Moat

Banned Member
Is this is general query or a personal question you are asking of yourself, sorry?

It's a bloody good question; not one I've ever really thought about before, so I have no answer for you at this time. Truthfully, I hope I never do have an answer for you, because the mystery is part of the fun.

meme333

I'm the same as Mr. Alex...the hope to be loved.
My reason was my dog but she died. I so miss just being able to be touch and loved for me. No boundaries, rules...just simple genuine love and good touch

roscho

I woke up this morning 200 yards from the pacific ocean.

I bought a latte (and some banana bread), and went down to the beach.

I sat on the pier, smelled the smells, savored the food and drink, watched the surfers and the fisherman, the birds and the waves. The walkers and joggers.

I left everything I had behind over the last month. A lifetime of possessions and accumulations. Packed a couple of suitcases, and drove away from it all. My soon to be ex can have it all - and there is a lot. I don't need much in the way of material things. I need simple moments.

This was the best morning I've had in a decade.

I have a decent job I start tomorrow. I don't know anybody, but I'm learning more and more about me.

I want to love and be loved, but I'm starting with loving me. My theory is that if I love me, so will other people. I'll let you all know how it works out - but I know a month ago when I wanted death, I'm glad I pulled through it with the help of SF.

If you told me I could win the lottery, or have what I have this very moment - I'm taking this moment.

ditto.

i just wake up and im breathing so i know im still alive, that's it.
I'm personally sorry to hear that guys, I know how difficult (/impossible) things can be. I'm still working on my problems so don't have all the answers yet, but I know there are still a couple of options out there for me apart from oblivion, no matter how hard these options may be to complete -so I am working away at them for the sake of my future state of mind

Growing Pains

For me?

Well, aside from my dog, the fact that I'm bloody terrified of death. How ironic is that? Someone like myself... afraid of death. I'm sure that's one of the greatest ironies there is.

nolonger

I live for the isolation. And my fishies. lol.....and smoking...and drinking cola....i don't really live for much. I just think up crap in my head.

twofeet

I took a long time off from my life, totally isolating. Maybe it helped because I began to realize I can't live entirely without people. I just wish it weren't so hard to make friends, or that poeple wouldn't remember what I looked like when I was so depressed all I thought about were creative ways to suicide.

There's a lot of shit up in here, this head. But I've got to stay alive so see what comes next.

Aphorism

I guess I live for the hope that things will improve. Often times I am afraid they will not, but I always concede I am so young; who's to say they won't? There was a whole ad campaign about that, you know, "It gets better" focused on teenagers concerning bullying and the like, specifically addressing sexuality.

It all applies to me, I guess, so I mostly just hope, and I suppose that has been getting me through most of these days.

There are some great replies on here and lots of replies which make me all too concerned for their authors. With hindsight I should have been better off posting the question on a different forum, but never-the-less there has been some good food for thought. I intend to go out and make things better and should I fail, then I will only be back where I am now so will not have lost anything. That thought gives me hope for the future I suppose

Patches

Thinking of all the things I haven't done. I'll probably never do them, but the possibility that I might keeps me holding on just one day longer.

perry_mason

I'm personally sorry to hear that guys, I know how difficult (/impossible) things can be. I'm still working on my problems so don't have all the answers yet, but I know there are still a couple of options out there for me apart from oblivion, no matter how hard these options may be to complete -so I am working away at them for the sake of my future state of mind
i hope you manage to find some sort of solution or whatever to solve your problems etc.
good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00