Trigger is husband...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the medication has started to help me some, I have come to realize that my husband is a trigger for my episodes ...I love him dearly, and don't know how to work around this. I don't want to feel this way and have these episodes, what do I do? I feel completely overwhelmed by my life and family, and desperately want to get away for awhile alone. Suggestions?

brknsilence

"Keep Moving Forward"-Meet The Robinsons movie
Have you talked to him about how you feel? I have to be open with certain things with my husband. Not easy though. other things that has been harder to talk to him about, I end up journaling or venting to someone that won't end up hating my husband and who won't judge him. If you need a listening ear, I am here.

I mentioned something lightly today, because I don't want to hurt him, but I sort of more laughed off the whole "how am I supposed to get better living with you if you make me worse" part. The ironic part is, he's also the one thing that makes me feel better! How does any of that even make sense?

Did you mention the specific thing/things that he’s doing that are causing you issues @Momof4 ?

If not, it’s possible that he has no idea it’s being taken in a bad way by you, so will probably keep on doing it. He may think that what he’s doing is a good thing for you, and his intention may be completely different to how it’s impacting you, so if you let him know exactly what the issue is he can have the opportunity to change his ways.

That's just it, I can't pinpoint anything. Its more me than him. I've been struggling with separation anxiety from him, and that's part of it, whenever he falls asleep at night, goes to work in the mornings, or leaves anywhere, I'm upset. The other is I'm struggling with serious insecurities with him, any random thing could cause me to be thinking "what did he mean by that", "he doesn't really mean that" or whatever. I don't know what's real and what's my depression talking to me. I can't find truth anymore...

brknsilence

It makes sense. I feel that way with my husband. He helps me to feel better and there are times he has me feel worse. Last night was one of them.

My husband came home and pointed out everything in the house that I either wasn't paying much attention to and other things i didn't stop to think on. Had me feeling like a complete failure. Was a bit triggering and brought on suicidal thoughts because I was thinking I had failed as a wife and mother. After a couple of hours, my husband apologized. I didn't say anything to him but he can see how hurt I felt.

I don't know a solution. Maybe sitting down and maybe work with him to see what you both can do to better each situation?

brknsilence

That's just it, I can't pinpoint anything. Its more me than him. I've been struggling with separation anxiety from him, and that's part of it, whenever he falls asleep at night, goes to work in the mornings, or leaves anywhere, I'm upset. The other is I'm struggling with serious insecurities with him, any random thing could cause me to be thinking "what did he mean by that", "he doesn't really mean that" or whatever. I don't know what's real and what's my depression talking to me. I can't find truth anymore...
Are you both able to find moments to sit down and talk? And even finding time to just have fun together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00