trigger- loss of dog

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by DrownedFishOnFire, Mar 20, 2016.

1. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I just put my best friend to sleep not even 12 hours has passed. She was the sole reason I still existed. I am feeling so awful it was not me too. She was in too much pain that I could not justify keeping her in this world any longer. She was happy but so uncomfortable. Been trying to go through with the day keeping myself busy but sleeping wasn't possible when thinking of her not breathing or being warm next to me anymore. That void. That snore. Just seeing myself shutting down and getting away from people already and take down that fence in my mind that has built in to keep things running smoothly and voices at bay. Now have no reason in the world to care. Have nothing to lose.

2. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Hey man, sorry to hear about this! I know it's going to be hard to handle the situation for a while, but you did the absolute best thing you could have for her. In a way, you repaid her for being such a superior life force in your world. So congratulations should be in order for you, as strange as that sounds, because I have known an awful lot of people in your shoes who have not helped their pets out at the end. Not because it wasn't the right time for their pets; but themselves (to let go). Hope it gets a little bit easier to breathe with each coming day. Take care-

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

This is the hardest thing to do :( I know the pain and heartbreak you feel. I had to have my best friend down in 2008, she was 9.5yrs old and had her since she was a puppy. I still miss her, although I adopted another less than 2yrs ago. I love her too and she keeps me going. I wish I had words to ease your pain, but I know nothing I can say will. Just know that you're not alone and I do understand the pain you're feeling. Sending healing thoughts of comfort and prayers.
    Brian

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm sorry for your loss. A beloved pet is family. I can hear in your words how much you cared for her. What a lucky dog to have had you! It is going to hurt for a while because it's natural to grieve when we lose a loved one. Please know that many of us here are thinking of you. Maybe there is something you could do to honor her memory? Keep her ashes (or a bit of them) stored in a small urn beside her picture...Write out words about how special she is and go to a favorite place of hers and read them to her...Donate some time or a bit of money to a local animal shelter in her name...Draw/paint a picture of her...Write a short poem in her memory...?

She was blessed to have you in her life; and you were blessed to have her in yours. I know you hurt right now. I hope you can keep the good memories of her and the knowledge that you did all the right things to care for her in the front of your mind and heart.

Thinking of you and sending hugs. :arms:

5. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am so, so sorry for your loss. You were lucky to have had her, and she to have had you. Don't give up now. Honour her memory and be happy that you got to spend time with such a lovely creature.

I know this won't truly replace her, but would it be possible to get a new dog? One to keep you company?

6. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I feel the pain. My wife and I had to put our Chow Chow, CD, down several weeks ago as he was 13 and had severe arthritis. This caused even more depression and sadness in my life as we had him since he was a little fur ball. There are nights that I still hear him barking yet know he is not there.
    We went to the Vet with him and he was sedated to give him the injection. It was a horrendous experience and one I will no soon forget. I watched as his life slipped away in a few seconds.
    I know it sounds weird but I envied him for moving own but alas life has to go on for living. I struggle everyday with thoughts of my end.

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Just has been almost two hellish weeks. Grandma is also dead and buried. TV broke. I have no tv. Both knee got the steorid injections and they were so painful. Headaches isn't going away and I'm still missing the best friend. No I cant get another dog. I am renting and no way they will let me get another one

8. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I'm sorry you're having this awful time, life can be very cruel. Please know that I care and am sending positive thoughts and prayer. Take care of yourself and I hope things get better for you.
    Brian

9. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear how these weeks went. *hugs* don't give up the fight though, I know it's hard now, but please be good to yourself!