***Trigger or Offensive to Some*** The O-Sicko String-Along Game

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Hatshepsut, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

We’re all Bodhisattvas now, disallowed honest discussion of life courses and their possible terminal states. There is no exception to the rule. Here's one example of the consequents of this truth:

A lot of O-Sickos who haven't the foggiest notion about what suicide entails, or the least intention of conducting a self-killing, will log on and start threatening to kill themselves.

What they want is to get someone online to play String-Along with them, for hours of perverse entertainment.

When a Savior responds to O-Sickos by offering a suggestion to get help, O-Sickos immediately come back with some reason why they can't do so, then demand another answer instead. Savior provides them one. Then they shoot it down and want a third answer. So, Savior provides them one. This gets shot down... all basically a clay pigeon shoot with no object...

I have concluded these kinds of posts are not requests for help, nor are they threats to commit suicide. If O-Sicko really wants to die, it can be done and over in 7 minutes.

My guess is "best wishes" once, then ignore is proper.
    ~
    ~
    ~ :nod: .. :rofl: .. :bowl:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It does hurt to be strung alone i know those post but i am also afraid that one day their cry wolf will back fire on them and when they need someone the most no one will respond

3. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

And I'm an offender at this game myself. Let us enter the lists for skeet, trap, or birdnet. Poultry in the pot to the winner.

~ :drama:

More seriously, I don't mean people who come here genuinely confused, or who don't know how to ask for things. I hope my rant doesn't turn them off. I'm also confused and struggling with a lot of weird thoughts.

All are welcome here, on the topic of suicide in general.

But I have observed what I suspect are persons logging in for a lark, and I don't like it much.

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I know what you mean, 2 Christmass's ago I got taken in by such, to the extent that I contacted the Police in Australia due to cries for help about her situation (no details necessary now) - turned out to be attention-seeking, but the person did get reprimanded for wasting police time, which may have turned her off the idea of trying such again, let's hope :)

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I'm not sure that it's as simple as that, the person could really be feeling desperate.
    Not to die perhaps, but just as desperate for someone to give a shit, to feel validated as a human being.
    It's not nice being strung along, but sometimes, we have to remember, the state of mind of the person on the end of that statement and maybe, just maybe, they want someone to talk them out of it.

6. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

People feel desperate, they feel like shit, not alive yet living. Sometimes people breach these barriers by doing extreme things out of the norm, by expressing how they feel with over the top definitions that they can't follow through with. I can guarantee you that the words many write are not 100% linked to their actions. It's a very difficult commitment to maintain for some.

What I'm trying to say is, sometimes people will lash out in extremely peculiar ways, simply to say they are unhappy, or not seen(or other reasons). And they sometimes use suicide as a factor. Or that they have "x condition" or they have gone through "x thing" or whatever. It's indirect communication no matter how you look at it. Sometimes some people do not know what they need to say, so certain other avenues fill that void.

Consider this, where along the string of thoughts and feelings does communicating through a suicide forum come from? Those people came here, so in some fashion they feel a connection on some level to the people here. They didn't go to a yahoo forum, or basic forum somewhere else. They directed themselves to a forum that revolves around life, struggles, depression and suicide. There is something happening in these peoples lives that allows them to come here.(assuming you mean this forum/other suicide forums)

Suicide means alot of things too... try not to forget that. You can be alive and dying inside. You can be alive and forget what the sun feels like. You can be alive and feel you have lost parts of what makes you who you are. Cries for help are not straight forward.

And yes it hurts when people respond and they get a completely different situation then what is being presented. Best thing to realize is, don't judge a book by it's cover and prologue.

7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Yes I agree SB - better to be safe than sorry afterwards. Those who are here wanting to help have to realise that they can get strung, but what we do for them even so will still show them that people are still willing to care, which maybe is all they need for something to change in their thinking - who knows? We can only do what we feel led to do and are prepared to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.