Trigger warning

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by princessofelegance, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princessofelegance

princessofelegance Well-Known Member

So today, me and my partner went to see the consultant psychiatrist. Which was one of the worst meetings i've ever had. I have BPD and bipolar and i'm currently suffering from a depression that has lasted well into 5 weeks. Which for those who don't know is uncommon especially with bpd with rapid mood changes. Which can last minutes or hours. NOT weeks. Everything we said fell on deaf ears. We told them about the cupboard where all the sharps and medication is locked away. Hidden from me because the risk is too high for me to have them. I've already tried to take an opiate overdose which failed. I just ended up being really sick. I've tried cutting myself that also failed and what lead to the stuff being locked away. So after this appointment and being told there is basically nothing they can do for me. And that I have to start reducing the amount of medication im on. Which is pointless as according to them there is nothing they can do to help me.
    So as it currently stands, im in the planning stage of suicide, i've decided what i want to do. But the main issues are my partner whom i love with every inch of passion i have left, myself- I want to be alive and well. And the anger thats bubbling away inside of me thats making me want more for myself. My partner is due to move in next month and I can't wait. It's going to be perfect. But I can't help the thoughts of suicide. I dont believe I have anything left to give. All i have is the love for my partner. Im aware that this is more than some people here have and I respect their pain. But right now, I dont think i can carry on with my life, I want it to end and end for good. So that I dont have to go through this pain any longer, that it can all stop. Stop and never come back. I believe in life after death, i believe I will stay with my partner and comfort him in his time of pain after i've gone.

Im in crisis but its more complicated than that.
    Im in pain but its more complicated than that.
    I want it to stop but its more complicated than that.

I wish I was dead, buried in the ground where no one could ever hurt me again. My thoughts are so distorted and unhealthy. I have plans like I said. But its more complicated than that.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I had trouble with my consultant psychiatrist as she never listened to me especially when I was in crisis. It might be worth seeing your GP with this as they can refer on to the crisis team. The crisis team have their own psychiatrists and nurses attached who can prescribe medication and provide support throughout your crisis. Having their involvement may be beneficial for you at the moment as it will show your current psychiatrist how bad things are for you right now and may change his decision about your future treatment.

3. princessofelegance

princessofelegance Well-Known Member

Yes I have concidered this route. To be honest it's what I need right now. I feel horrific, and its taking its toll on me being for weeks now.
    BPD suffers are so stigmatised by doctors. I might go and see my GP tomorrow to try to get some medication to keep me calm. But its definetly a route i may go down. Thank you for your advice x

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

You're welcome hon, anytime. Hope you feel better soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.