Trigger with pdoc?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by rd9671, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

I feel kind of stupid even posting this but I am curious to know if I am the only one that gets triggered by going to the pdoc appt. I get all sorts of panicky as the time draws closer, and this is one thing that triggers me to cut. I typically will end up cutting the whole week before followed by major cutting the day of. To the point that I sit in the parking lot and cut just so I can make it through the appointment.

I know this is stupid. I really have no reaason for this. I just don't know.

I have my appointment in 3 hours and it is getting to a critical point for me. I have been trying to keep myself busy here at the computer and have kept all "tools" out of sight. But it does not keep the mind from wandering back to what I want to do.
  2. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Hang in there hope your appointment goes well Take Care
  3. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

Thanks for your support.
  4. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

This is getting to be too much at the moment. I will be stepping away from the pc for a bit.
  5. no point

no point Well-Known Member

Maybe you should talk to your pdoc about it...You might start feeling less anxious and more relaxed if you talk to him/her about this. I hope your appointment went well :hug:
  6. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Hope your appt well well hun :hug:
  7. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Hey rd9671,

Don't cut. And please don't worry too much, maybe try something else that can calm yourself down before the appointment..? Like maybe listening to your music while waiting and reading something..? Just a suggestion, I hope you have other ways of calming yourself though. Hope to hear from you soon... ^__^
  8. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

I felt ok with adding to this. I don't think my feelings are a trigger, but fear or nervousness. The week of and especially the night before my appt. I don't sleep well at all. It is strange to me, yes. I can't seem to relax. I am restless and usually stay awake the whole night before the morning appt. This is funny to me because I am very safe and comfortable with the pdoc.
    After the appt. I come down and my nerves can breathe again. I usually then treat myself to a resturant meal.

I am very aware of my body and feelings, so I tend to analyze "Why did I do that? What am I thinkinging about when she said this to me? Why in the hell does that email bother me so?" AAAaaahhhh, sometimes it talks awhile(weeks or months) to figure yourself out. Really depends if you WANT to & if you feel STRONG to do it.

AND, you don't need to apologize for your emotions or perceptions that you are "strange". I feel strange many times, but I am learning to see that is not a flaw, we humans are want to be "normal" and NOT strange. Most of us do not realize everyone else has those strange/weirdo feelings sometimes. THAT IS WHAT FORUM BOARDS ARE FOR.

I hope you can funnel your anxiousness into something safer than cutting. I too would suggest talking to the pdoc WHY? do I feel this way??? If that
    is not easy, good; Have you tried a private therapist? {they are not all expensive, I am researching) I wonder if there is a specific reason you are fear or have anxiety about going to see pdoc.??

Please post again if things get worse or BETTER!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.