Triggered By A Song

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Aquariamethystea, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damn. I was feeling very well, until a song played while I was listening to music on Pandora. It is a song from a group I use to listen to alot in February. It is frustrating. Does anyone else here on SF have that problem, where a song, even if it isn't something which is necessarily meant to trigger, happens to trigger? I use to listen to this group alot and I figured "Oh well, it has been awhile, no need to skip the song". Yet, sure enough, the flashbacks occured. I'm not going to suicide because of this. It just caused me to become depressed.
  2. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

Like I told you earlier - I can't listen to anything by Anberlin cos it triggers me that badly. You're not alone in this :hug:
  3. "The night reveals this empty space" "Tears will fall for you, far away, my love" "The thoughts of you break the creeping silence"

Why did such a good song become so difficult for me to listen to? Oh, I know, because she had to do it. Three days before, she had to hurt me so much. She could have been honest with me from the beginning. She didn't have to go through a month with me and let it all go three days prior to it. Now, this song is a reminder of it. I can't even listen to this absolutely amazingly beautiful song without it being a reminder of her. It is a reminder of the day I went to get the passport application turned in. The extra effort through thick downfalling snow, just to get this to happen. Expedited. Nearly $100, alot of time, and emotions wasted. All for what? For you to tell me you couldn't be with me because of your ever-worsening psychosis issues? Is it because I suspected you of pushing me away and never really loving me? How fucking convenient. Just push me away because I didn't conform to your weird obsessive life habits or whatever. Guess what though. This Saturday, I'm going to that festival. Oooh, so horrible, isn't it? How dare you hurt me like that! I'm not going to let you destroy me. You destroyed me enough. I'm going to recover. Now, I have a girlfriend who really accepts me for who I am, and I love her very much. She means everything to me. I'm going to improve.

Anyways, I turned this into a rant which makes this thread more acceptable on the "Let It All Out" forum.

By the way, thank you, RainbowChaser :hug:

Also, many :hug: to my sweetie, AoM. I love you.
  4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Yeah I can understand that I have a few songs that trigger me. :hug:

5. :hug: Carolyn
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You never know when a trigger will hit. I have several songs that do that to me. Never any fun, but something I must learn to deal with.
  7. :hug:
    When I'm really down sometimes I listen to a few of my triggering songs I have to push me on to SIing. I told you that one night I was going to purposely trigger myself and a song was an addition to that.
    Anyway, there are songs that trigger me as well. One song in particular reminds me of my ex very much (never liked the song, but he sent it right before it was over) so when I listen to it I get pretty down. A lot of my songs are depressing though--about not being good enough, losing someone, hurting, or something along those lines.
    It's okay to hurt and to be upset over the past. You're moving on, those are just memories now and there's nothing that can be done about them. Things will be okay in the future. :cheekkiss We'll make the future wonderful together. I love you.
  8. StellarSparkle

StellarSparkle Well-Known Member

Hey Broken Product,

That's very common, I think it's happened to us at any stage of our lives, me included ! And I can assure you that you will get through this as time goes by. You deserve to be with somebody who makes you happy, somebody who doesn't complicate your life, somebody who won't hurt you :wink:

Good luck :smile:
  9. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Yeah, you aren't alone. Songs trigger me as well. :hug:

10. I love you so much, sweetie. :hug:
  11. :hug: everyone
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.