triggered

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by _Lily_, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Feeling very triggered right now ...was at my mothers today and on the way back there was police ambulance and fire there
    Two women talking on the bus about saying there might have been a jumper on some train tacks
    My step dad died by jumping from a bridge and i have a fear about train tracks
    I just cant get it out my head now ...Am trying to keep busy but i feel so triggered by this

I also feel that i need to self injured i havent self injured for about a month and two weeks
    All my tools are gone as my husband threw them out...But there is things in the kitchen i can use

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Don't do it hun is there someone you can call talk to until the urge leaves you I am sorry you are triggered but you keep talking to us ok stay safe

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Can you try to focus on your heart breathing. Imagine your heart is breathing. Breathing in and out as your lungs breathe. Just try to focus on your heart breathing in and out. Pick a color such as green or pink, a non triggering soothing color. maybe you can breathe that in to your heart and out again. :hug:

4. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Sorry i haven't replied i didn't self injure i talked with my husband about it and am feeling calmer now
    it was a few days ago since it happened tomorrow i have to go past the place where my step dad jumped
    as i got to go and get something and the bus that goes to the place am getting something for is over that bridge
    i hate going past there or being anywhere near there

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Try to distract yourself while on bus ok keep your music on or read so you don't know where you are close your eyes and just listen to music until you get to where you are going hugs

6. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

I can do that my husband will be with me
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.