triggered

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by _Lily_, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Am feeling triggered want to cut so much right now

2. XsweetpoetX

XsweetpoetX Well-Known Member

what triggered you? Please don't cut. Talk to someone.

3. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

a video game my partner was playing it had zombies in it and it was bloody
    i was ok with it at first i thought it was funny but then there was too much blood and gore my partner them turned it off and he is now watch tv in the other room that has some gore to it too

also am feeling numb when i feel like this i usually self injure

4. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

oh sweety i understand you so much! cant you go out for a walk.? or watch something different on tv like the simpsons?
    when u are feeling easily triggered you better stay away from it.
    Hun go out breathe some fresh air, and try to distract yourself

5. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

i ended up cutting last night and today i am feeling emotional like i have to much emotion i feel like i need to cut i need to die i cant hold on

6. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

is not about holding, is about replacing it for a safer activity. Have u tried to out and run? just running? Or yellling out loud? Self harm takes over, and the more you do it the more u will NEED it. I know sometimes what we the posters say might not get to you but u defintaley need to try to stop it, to distract yourself. If u feel u cant hold it, call somebody, dont be alone, or go somewhere where u know u wont be alone, that way u wont harm yourself. ANd do these things as an habit. a healthy path to recovery that need to be walked hun. *huggs*

7. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Am with my partner he is keeping me safe but i have access to the tools i use and my partner is also a self injurer as well but he is gone a year with out it he dont take the tools away from me

i can try and go for a walk but am feeling ill today have been in my bed all day

going to try and stay busy with being online i might go in the chat room for a while as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.