[Triggering/Graphic] Recurring Dream

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Player1LFG, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Player1LFG

Player1LFG Member

I've had the same recurring dream for the past couple of years. I thought it was worth putting out there, if anyone has had the same or similar dream.
    I'm going to add a trigger warning, just in case people are disturbed sexually explicit description below.

I'm in my 2nd grade classroom, surrounded by all the students from my graduation class. They're all so big, about the age they are now - but I'm still only 7. The two largest boys that would always beat me and feed me worms hold me back in a chair, and the other people start raiding my desk - they take things that shouldn't be at school, like my work keys and mementos from my old family and things that are irreplaceable. After some time, I accept that these are just material things and that I still have my body so I'm fine. When they've ravaged and burned all me belongings, they turn to me - and tear off my mouth. I can no longer scream or stand up for myself, and despite my flailing they begin to rip me limb from limb. There's no blood, it's all clean - it's although I'm made of plastic. They take my head as a trophy after it's dismemberment and hang it from the projector. They play games with my limbs, and sexually molest my limbless torso after beating me with my own arms. After everyone's had a turn, they drive pencils into my eyes and I wake up. I often feel nauseous and I can't have breakfast. My anxiety has gone up considering I see these people around town, and they still harass me to this day.

Is there something that I have to do IRL in order to put whatever problem I have to peace and get this dream to stop? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Wow, I'm sorry you have such a nasty recurring dream! :hug:

I would feel helpless and ganged up on in that kind of situation.

How does the dream make you feel while you're dreaming, and then when you wake up? Are there things in your waking life that make you feel that same way? Perhaps you could talk to a counsellor or therapist about this dream. S/he could talk you through the content of the dream as well as the feelings it stirs up, and maybe figure out why you're dreaming this and help you stop having the dream.

I hope you have a good sleep tonight - without this dream!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.