(TRIGGERING) Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint6

WARNING - THE VIDEO MAY BE VERY TRIGGERING, WATCH AT OWN RISK

This video was posted by his daughter, the one in the video.
<edited by Isabel inappropiate for this forum>

Here is her Reddit post, it has already blown up in outrage and made 1st on front page.
http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/lwurz/family_law_judge_beats_own_daughter_for_using_the/

This is sickening and completely unacceptable, this Judge needs to be fired and arrested.
You can contact the court if you feel the need, even though I am sure their numbers and emails are already extremely active.

http://www.aransascountytx.gov/courtatlaw/
http://www.aransascountytx.gov/courtatlaw/contact.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my. I couldn't make it though it. I had to turn it off. I hope it has gone viral and blown the hell up. He's a family court judge??? It took me back to a time I've worked very hard to forget and I really hope people who have been through this don't watch it, I've been crying for 10 minuets and I can't stop.
I read that this has already been sent to every major news organization in the country, and that CPS has already been informed. This beating took place 7 years ago, but there are still children in that house! My heart is breaking, I need a rest.

saint6

Oh my. I couldn't make it though it. I had to turn it off. I hope it has gone viral and blown the hell up. He's a family court judge??? It took me back to a time I've worked very hard to forget and I really hope people who have been through this don't watch it, I've been crying for 10 minuets and I can't stop.
I read that this has already been sent to every major news organization in the country, and that CPS has already been informed. This beating took place 7 years ago, but there are still children in that house! My heart is breaking, I need a rest.
She has said her little sister is not currently living with him, I don't know if she has any more siblings or not. She posted a AMA, but someone hacked her account so I am not going to post it :/.

Yeah the video is extremely unsettling, so if you have suffered similar abuse in your life it might be better to not view the video at all.
Thanks to Isabel for removing the direct link of the video I posted, I shouldn't of posted it in the first place but I was so angry at the time I wasn't really thinking :/.

Thank goodness the sister is no longer in the home. I've been searching for information since I watched it but have been too disturbed by public comments to stick with any one website for too long.
Thank you for sharing, it is a hard thing to see, and those who feel that they may be effected by it should not watch, but it is important that it be passed out as much as possible. I hope the statute of limitations has not run out, but still, even if it had, I take solace in knowing he will not be a family court judge once this is public knowledge.
I've read that he is a corrupt judge as well, leaving children in the custody of abusive parents and punishing their accusers, but I have no way of knowing if this is fact. I just pray that it is not, the thought is horrifying.

saint6

yeah, when you discuss things like this you will always have sick and troll comments, it's hard to avoid those.

I agree on it should be distributed and spread as much as possible, just so it's publicly known and not simply forgotten. I have also read those posts on his "corruption" and like you said we don't know if they are true or not, but after this video I wouldn't doubt it at all since he seems to think this type of abuse is acceptable.

saint6

The local news has picked this up :). I won't post the article as it shows the video, but here is the whole transcript for those who wan't to keep up on this. The judge even responded saying "It's not as bad as it looks on tape.", That comment makes me so furious, I can't believe he seems to not even care about what he did.

Video Claims To Show Aransas County Judge Hit Daughter
08:40 AM by Keaton Fox - [email protected]
CORPUS CHRISTI - A video uploaded to YouTube is gaining national attention after it claims that Aransas County Judge at Law William Adams is the man in the video shown beating a young girl.
A description on the video says the girl in the video is Hillary Adams, the judge's daughter.
The video's timestamp shows it was uploaded October 27, but didn't receive national attention until today. Last night the video had 300 hits. As of 8:30 a.m., it had 225,000.
On the phone from outside the Coastal Bend, Hillary Adams says she uploaded the video to bring attention to the problems she says she had when she was younger.
"It had happened before, and had been escalating," Adams said. "I set up a camera, and I caught it."
Adams says she was downloading music from a peer-to-peer networking site, something she says her father had forbidden, before the incident happened.
"My father's harassment was getting really bad, so I decided to finally publish the video that I had been sitting on for 7 years," Adams said.
Adams says the abuse happened for years, but she never thought it was unusual.
"I thought abuse at some level was normal," Adams said.
Users on the popular site Reddit uploaded images of pizza orders they sent to his house overnight, and some said they were calling the Aransas County courthouse to leave messages.
Adams has not been available for comment.
(WARNING: This video may be disturbing to some viewers.) Video: removed
We'll have much more on this story throughout the day.
Aransas County Officials Open Investigation Into Video
11:17 AM by Keaton Fox - [email protected]
CORPUS CHRISTI -- Aransas County officials say a video claiming to be County Court at Law Judge William Adams is causing major disruptions as people are flooding phone lines to complain.
Officials there say the Sherriff's office and local police have opened an investigation into claims by his daughter, Hillary Adams, who says she set up the camera in 2004 to catch what she called frequent beatings.
The seven minute, profanity laced video was posted October 27, but got national attention after being posted on Reddit, a popular internet site.
Adams, speaking to KRIS by phone from outside the coastal bend, says she's safe, and decided now was the time because she was tired of harassment by her father.
"My father's harassment was getting really bad, so I decided to finally publish the video that I had been sitting on for 7 years," Adams said.
"It had happened before, and had been escalating," Adams said. "I set up a camera, and I caught it."
Now the video has exploded online, topping 500,000 views in only a few hours.
Local officials now say they're stepping up police presence in the small town after many people have called in death threats.
This story is developing. Please check back for updates.
Judge William Adams Responds To Videotaped Beating
11:34 AM
ROCKPORT - Aransas County Court at Law Judge William Adams has spoken to our Andy Liscano about a video the judge's daughter posted on Youtube showing a beating in 2004.
Judge Adams told us, "It happened years ago.. I apologized."
When asked if he thought the conduct in the video was excessive, Judge Adams said, "It's not as bad as it looks on tape."
Judge Adams also informed us he has already contacted the Judicial Review in Austin and "more will come out" during the investigation.
We'll keep you posted.
Judge's Ex-Wife Responds To Videotaped Beating
01:32 PM
CORPUS CHRISTI - The ex-wife of Aransas Count Court-at-Law Judge William Adams has responded on Facebook about a video showing her daughter being beaten back in 2004.
Hallie Adams writes: "I am praying for my daughters and me and my family to heal in all ways from emotional and physical abuse, for the current and continuing abuse of my children and me that has been ongoing to end - starting now - for my daughters to both finally be able to go to counseling both individually and as a family group with their Dad's approval, encouragement, involvement and support, for him to finally make amends to all of us, talk openly with us, and take the first steps to letting our broken family heal."
Her daughter, Hillary Adams told us today she uploaded the video on October 27th to bring attention to the problems she says she had when she was younger. "My father's harassment was getting really bad, so I decided to finally publish the video that I had been sitting on for 7 years," Adams said.
Latest Update Girl In Beating Video: "People Believe Me Now"
02:04 PM by Keaton Fox - [email protected]
CORPUS CHRISTI -- The girl who says she posted a video with Aransas County Judge William Adams says she posted the video to get validation that her plight was not in vain.
By telephone, Hillary Adams tells 6 News that there was a moment when she thought posting the video, shot in 2004, was the right thing to do now.
"It was a feeling," Adams said. "I knew that the right time was approaching and I had held onto the video for so long for the right time."
Adams says she set the camera up, knowing what was going to happen, and says it's not for vengeance.
"Waiting this long to publish it has enabled me to look at it with hindsight and not be so caught up in the passion of the moment," Adams said. "I think we do, my mother and I, we do need to try to move on past the anger and just concentrate on getting counseling and help."
Adams said she hopes her father can get help to, but says when she said she told her father what she planned on doing, he didn't seem to think anything would happen.
"I told him that I had the video, and he acted like he had nothing to worry about," Adams said. "And I said, I can post the video of you beating me on the internet and he said, 'well, you can do that if it makes you feel better.' So I did."
600,000 hits later, she says she feels like it's a form of therapy. People, who didn't trust her before, now do.
"People are believing us now, instead of calling us liars like they have in the past," she said.
Judge William Adams spoke to reporter Andy Liscano, admitting it was him in the video, but says "it's not as bad as it seems" and said he apologized to his daughter for the incident.
Hillary denies that.
"Wow, that is a perfect example of his making light of the situation," she said. "He is a shining example of the way he would treat us. I just can't believe he would say something like, he doesn't think it's a big deal."
Adams says she's overwhelmed with the media reaction, and the reaction from popular sites like Reddit, who encouraged users to share the video.
Adams says she hopes her next step is a brighter future.

So, looks like there is nothing to charge him with. Statutes of Limitation have run out on anything he could be charged with, and he can not be charged with assault of a disabled person because it has been determined that her disability is not bad enough to prevent her from defending herself.
My suggestion as far as what the public can do... Start contacting Gov. Rick Perry to have him impeached. Start another facebook page, as a petition for impeachment. Anyone in the family court system that gets him as the judge over their case should request a change of venue, stating the reason as being "Reasonable mistrust of Judge Adams, based on public events suggesting he has a conflict of interest with any case involving the welfare of a child, and therefor citizens have reasonable doubt as to his ability to preside over a fair hearing, as is guaranteed by the constitution".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00