(TRIGGERING) Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the internet

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by saint6, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saint6

saint6 Well-Known Member

WARNING - THE VIDEO MAY BE VERY TRIGGERING, WATCH AT OWN RISK

This video was posted by his daughter, the one in the video.
    <edited by Isabel inappropiate for this forum>

Here is her Reddit post, it has already blown up in outrage and made 1st on front page.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/lwurz/family_law_judge_beats_own_daughter_for_using_the/

This is sickening and completely unacceptable, this Judge needs to be fired and arrested.
    You can contact the court if you feel the need, even though I am sure their numbers and emails are already extremely active.

http://www.aransascountytx.gov/courtatlaw/
    http://www.aransascountytx.gov/courtatlaw/contact.php

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
  2. BeautifullyChaotic

BeautifullyChaotic Well-Known Member

Oh my. I couldn't make it though it. I had to turn it off. I hope it has gone viral and blown the hell up. He's a family court judge??? It took me back to a time I've worked very hard to forget and I really hope people who have been through this don't watch it, I've been crying for 10 minuets and I can't stop.
    I read that this has already been sent to every major news organization in the country, and that CPS has already been informed. This beating took place 7 years ago, but there are still children in that house! My heart is breaking, I need a rest.

3. saint6

saint6 Well-Known Member

She has said her little sister is not currently living with him, I don't know if she has any more siblings or not. She posted a AMA, but someone hacked her account so I am not going to post it :/.

Yeah the video is extremely unsettling, so if you have suffered similar abuse in your life it might be better to not view the video at all.
    Thanks to Isabel for removing the direct link of the video I posted, I shouldn't of posted it in the first place but I was so angry at the time I wasn't really thinking :/.

4. BeautifullyChaotic

Thank goodness the sister is no longer in the home. I've been searching for information since I watched it but have been too disturbed by public comments to stick with any one website for too long.
    Thank you for sharing, it is a hard thing to see, and those who feel that they may be effected by it should not watch, but it is important that it be passed out as much as possible. I hope the statute of limitations has not run out, but still, even if it had, I take solace in knowing he will not be a family court judge once this is public knowledge.
    I've read that he is a corrupt judge as well, leaving children in the custody of abusive parents and punishing their accusers, but I have no way of knowing if this is fact. I just pray that it is not, the thought is horrifying.

5. saint6

saint6 Well-Known Member

yeah, when you discuss things like this you will always have sick and troll comments, it's hard to avoid those.

I agree on it should be distributed and spread as much as possible, just so it's publicly known and not simply forgotten. I have also read those posts on his "corruption" and like you said we don't know if they are true or not, but after this video I wouldn't doubt it at all since he seems to think this type of abuse is acceptable.

6. saint6

saint6 Well-Known Member

The local news has picked this up :). I won't post the article as it shows the video, but here is the whole transcript for those who wan't to keep up on this. The judge even responded saying "It's not as bad as it looks on tape.", That comment makes me so furious, I can't believe he seems to not even care about what he did.

7. BeautifullyChaotic

Thank you, Saint, for the update. It's good to know this is at least being investigated.

8. BeautifullyChaotic

So, looks like there is nothing to charge him with. Statutes of Limitation have run out on anything he could be charged with, and he can not be charged with assault of a disabled person because it has been determined that her disability is not bad enough to prevent her from defending herself.
    My suggestion as far as what the public can do... Start contacting Gov. Rick Perry to have him impeached. Start another facebook page, as a petition for impeachment. Anyone in the family court system that gets him as the judge over their case should request a change of venue, stating the reason as being "Reasonable mistrust of Judge Adams, based on public events suggesting he has a conflict of interest with any case involving the welfare of a child, and therefor citizens have reasonable doubt as to his ability to preside over a fair hearing, as is guaranteed by the constitution".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.