*Triggering*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Emerald, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emerald

Emerald Active Member

I was having just a horrible end of the day yesterday, and I couldn't fight off the urge. Apparently I am not exactly satisfied with what I use to do. I want to do much worse, and so I aim for that. I wanted to be badly injured, and I didn't exactly reach that, but I did worse than I am use to doing.

I had an accident once, not too long ago, and I caused a lot more damage than I intended. I panicked, but I felt so much better. :dry: I really have sunk low.

I wanted to repeat the performance (and unfortunately did) as that was the worst I ever did, and I aim for that, but I fail almost every time. Now its an obsession, a sick obsession. :sad: I don't know what to do with myself. I'm sorry for posting here.

2. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

dont be sorry for posting here hun, this is the place where u are meant to post it. You must be scared of yourself after that deep injury. we all been trhough it, im dont know if u have read the post called "before you make the first cut read this" but it kinda explains what u are dealing with.

dont feel sad about what youve done, just try to focus on doing whats best for you and try to quit it for good hun :hug:

3. Buggsy2008

Buggsy2008 Well-Known Member

:hug: I think most of us have had at least one time that scared us.. i know i have.

We're always around to listen if you need it.

4. Emerald

Emerald Active Member

Thank you. :)
    Thing is, that thread doesnt apply to me since I've been self-injuring for almost 2 years.

5. looking2aspire

looking2aspire New Member

Do not feel upest or sad about what you've done..it is a different way of dealing with difficult situations. I self harmed when in my teens and it never truely leaves u that "urge" still surfaces but try 2 channel that moment of dispair into something else, any way to distract from that moment. It does work, it isn't easy and as i said it never really leaves u.( Call a friend, go for a walk even talk to your pets).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.