Triggers.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by mrty, Aug 7, 2014.

1. mrty

mrty Member

Recently the way I've been feeling has made me very curious about triggers that can send people into a downward spiral. So for those who weren't always suffering from depression. Can you remember or do you know what triggered your own condition. Its very confusing to me as I was always happy, never ever dreamed of harming myself and the idea of suicide was totally alien to me I couldn't ever imagine doing something like that. However after a severe illness in my family the loss of my job and the breakdown of a long term relationship all within the space of a few weeks. My life has taken me to a very different place within myself and the thought of suicide has all of a sudden become very attractive and I believe inevitable. I've accepted this now but I'm still struggling to understand how my thoughts on suicide can go from one extreme to the other so quickly. Can you remember your trigger if any??

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, yes I do not what triggered my condition, something ''bad'' happened when I was 12 followed with bullying, years of isolation and somehow I got through it with the help of professionals, therapy and medication. I am very sorry to hear of what has happened in your life in such a short space of time, it must be hard to cope.. but know others can came out the other end and you can too =)