Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by morning rush, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I thought it was my meds making me feel numb but tonight I realised that it was a tv show I was watching. The entire time of the tv show, I was thinking I might as well die and I was even thinking of planning it with writing letters and stuff...I couldnt concentrate and I felt stuck in my mind...but the minute the tv show ended and I changed the channel, I felt instantly better...

I think the tv show triggered something in me...but what? that is the million dollar question...the tv show was "biggest loser" where fat contestants lose weight to win I got nothing against losing weight but to say that is the only way to true happiness, not so sure about long as your healthy and happy so what you're a bit overweight...I had a friend who was super skinny and she hated losing weight doesnt buy you happiness...and I think that's what bugged me about the show...or maybe it was something deeper...they made me feel like being overweight is the end of the world, that being chubby meant I would be miserable for the rest of my life...

I dont feel that way though...that's not why I'm depressed...idk maybe I'm thinking too much...
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Maybe watching this show made you uncomfortable because there is something about yourself that you don't like.. I'm 100 lbs. overweight and am self concouis about it.. I have started eating right and exercising but still can't get under 300 lbs. I feel as if I am loosing that battle..
  3. tls5669

tls5669 Active Member

ya I am too, im trying to lose it, sometimes it seems an uphill battle. But it can be done.
  4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

The thing is that I gained weight because of my meds...I go to the gym and I'm not a big eater still, I'm overweight but it isnt the end of the world for me...I still attract male attention and so as long as I can walk, my health is good...if I lose weight its good but if I dont lose any weight it wont make my situation any worse...that's not why I'm depressed...I think I just didnt like the message they were trying to pass...

I feel better today though...
  5. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

You're so right about that show, and so many others - make me feel exactly the same. Like when a girl was asked to lose about 10lbs on Americas Next Top Model. That just made me feel sick, and when I see these obese people crying on shows like The Biggest Loser and One Ton Man and so on and so forth, what exactly is the message they are trying to give out?
    They are saying lose weight - find happiness and contentment and peace. And that is exactly how I feel now (and I hate that). I hate believing that losing weight will fix all of my problems, because likelihood is, it won't.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.