trouble breathing alot lately

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ghostangelcake7, Aug 18, 2016.

1. ghostangelcake7

ghostangelcake7 Well-Known Member

I can't breathe right now. I feel like my chest is being crushed. I am so overwhelmed.
    I have had extreme panic attacks before that caused me to call 911 and I hate it. This happens because I am alone most nights. It really makes me know that I dont want to die right now because it gets so scary.
    It is part of what makes me hate my life however. I am already known in my hometown by police/EMTS as that girl who calls 911 for panic attacks (I've only called twice but that's enough for me to feel labeled that way and makes me feel embarrassed at myself)...I am just always alone, and I get them and talking to someone always helps me get through them. I dont think i have asthma but have had attacks so bad I could have sworn my lungs were shutting down on me. Death truly frightens me, even though I think of it as a comfort. I am not ready. I still want to see how far I might go...not ready to end the fight.

Alittle scared tonight cause my breathing is labored again :(
  2. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

I really like you attitude =)

I hate to hear you are having such a rough time tonight. Any idea what caused you to have a panic attack; did something trigger it?
  3. ghostangelcake7

ghostangelcake7 Well-Known Member

I have had a really mentally tough day today. Therapy has unleashed alot of agony I have kept beneath scabs of repression for awhile, as I feign a normal existence, all the while concealing the terrible burden of my personal history no one really knows the true depth and toll it has taken. I try to fake it til I make it...but it keeps catching up to me. I keep spitting up phlegm too..Sorry it's gross to say but I think it's also blocking my airways, but mostly I think it's feeling so overwhelmed I am not breathing properly and hyperventilating..not dying really...but I keep forgetting that..ugh. I just feel like my body is shutting down as an inborn natural defense mechanism sometimes...I have alot of trouble accepting or loving myself. I dont understand why I'm me, but here I am. I just can't stop feeling insecure and unacceptable.
  4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Ghost, I have been having trouble breathing too. Chest pain and all that crap. Had it checked out. Docs decided is is asthma, GERD and anxiety. You mentioned that you did not think you had asthma. Your doctor should be able to help you determine that for sure. There definitely are meds to help asthma. When things get really bad for me I find Ativan helps a LOT. But it is a benzo and must be used sparingly. I also find that sitting near a running fan helps. Something about the extra air circulating seems to make breathing easier. You might want to try that.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, have the medics ruled out asthma? Asthma causes the chest to tighten and difficult breathing and so do panic attacks. I think you need to get a check up just to be sure you know what is going on in your body. Panic attacks are dreadful, I suffer from them too from time to time. I hope you feel better soon and please keep talking to us here :) We understand and do care. I also like your attitude and glad you are willing to fight your way through this, there is no giving up!! It's forbidden! :)