Trouble with credit card fraud

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Chargette, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I check my bank balance online to compare to my check register. When I logged in today, I found 3 charges that had taken place since last night. I immediately called the bank and canceled my card. I asked them to stop those charges and they said they can't but if they go through I can file a fraud report to get my money back.

I started this month of short of money, with next month going to be even shorter, and now I'm out $120 for at least a couple of weeks.

The thing that worries me is that I don't feel anything. I do have delayed emotional response but I had gotten better at feeling sooner so it doesn't build up.

Now I don't know what is happening to me.

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey Vivian had the same sort of thing happen to me. But I also went straight to the credit card company. They helped me file a report over the phone and they cancelled the charges. Thing that really kicked was a) whoever it was bought 4 tickets to a concert I wanted to go to but couldnt afford and b) I knew where it had to have happened so I called the police too. But they said they couldnt do anything, no proof. Well about a month later they called me because apparently 9 other people had the same thing happen. Duh!!!

Hun sometimes something like this does take some time to kick in. It did for me. I did what I had to about the matter and then about a week later it hit me and I felt angry, scared and duped. Besides you have so many other things happening maybe your system is trying to protect you by giving you a break on this one. Try contacting the credit card company and see what they can do. Good luck.

3. Chargette

I started feeling more depressed so I told myself I'm really feeling anger. I could not get in touch with the anger, but shock started to set in. Then for a brief moment, I felt a little anger but then it went right back to shock.

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

As unwelcome as it may be even shock is atleast feeling something (?). It's a weird feeling knowing someone had access to your private number and account. You hear about these things and think ... never be me, I'm careful. Sort of like being robbed or broken into. But yet different. It's a violation regardless. So please dont be so hard on yourself about how or what you feel over it hun. It's horrible no matter how you react. I just hope it all gets cleared up soon for you.

5. Chargette

Now I'm angry and it's the tip of the ice berg to so many other things. I'm taking that to my diary.