troubled past

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by poisonedresistance, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

i have issues with my ex-partner, soon to be my ex-husband.
    Ok, so they arnt issues with him, but are linked to him.
    My new partner is so sweet, he is gental and kind and very loving, attentive and affectionate. i just dont seem to be able to turn off that fear, that panic that somtimes takes hold, its over silly things too. i find i am doing things that i would do for my ex so he didnt go at me, for my new partner in order to make him happy.
    i know i do this and i know that my new partner would prefere that i make myself happy,
    it seems that old habbits die hard

2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

you said it yourself, old habbits die hard, and tahts exactly whats happening to you atm.
    it will take time to get used to not being in an abusive relationship. and when that day comes and you realise you dont have to do the little things cause theres nothing to do them for.
    it will take time, :hug:

3. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

I know i dont have to, thats the thing, but i do it anyway, half the time it doesnt even register till after ive done it, that i didnt have to.
    i think that somtimes it gets on my new partners nerves a little as he feels that i feel the need to take care of him, although it isnt like that at all, and i love doing things for him too.
    knowing that im mixing the two is hard for both of us i think.
    i love to do things for him and i enjoy making sure that hes ok, but somtimes its like im on automatic and i cant turn it off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.