Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sad2say, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sad2say

sad2say Member

My husband told me during an argument this evening that he wishes my ex-husband would have killed me so he wouldnt have to put up with me. I called a family member to get my mind off it. They could tell something was wrong & asked me what was bothering me, so I told them. Their only words were "I don't understand." nothing else. Now I'm troubled about that too.
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

maybe they meant i don't understand how someone can be so cruel, 'cos that's what i'm thinking. what a horrible thing to say.

does he often say things like that?

ps welcome.
  3. sad2say

sad2say Member

There was a time he said he wishes he never married me.
    Maybe your right about not understanding hoe someone could be so cruel. That didn't cross my mind. Thank you for that.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That's just an awful thing to say to somebody. I;m assuming you're not happy in the relationship, does this sort of thing occur often?
  5. sad2say

sad2say Member

It still happens. In fact just this morning he told me hs wishes that I would take my own life. Maybe he's right??
  6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

sad2say, he's not right. :hug: I suspect that hearing things like that from the person who is supposed to love you hurts and makes you feel bad. He's wrong. Every person is valuable, special and unique in some way.

I hope you come back soon and talk to us again.
  7. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

He's not right, and the things he's saying are just cruel. You don't deserve to be treated that way!!
  8. sad2say

sad2say Member

Thx. I never really know what to say after telling whats on my mind...
  9. sad2say

sad2say Member

he's always known my aversion to guns yet he just brought two into the house this past week. After wishing me dead.
  10. Wispiwill

Wispiwill Well-Known Member

Please don't consider suicide simply because your husband tells you that you should. No-one should do something like that just because they're told to.

It seems to me that you and he have some things to sort out - like whether or not you should be together (since he doesn't seem to respect you or want to be with you). I hope that's not too blunt of me to say so or that I've upset you.
  11. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Honey - Hi - your husband has left your marriage emotionally - this is obvious, by the things he is saying....

If you can, for your own safety (as there are now guns in the house) - is there a way you can live elsewhere - until his intentions have been made really clear (ie he comes clean about what he really wants) - because you have every right to protect yourself from someone who is so verbally abusive?
  12. sad2say

sad2say Member

thanks see below
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
  13. sad2say

sad2say Member

Thanks & no, not to blunt. There is so much to consider, decide, and do right now. I am very overwhelmed. It's nice to have a place to vent the really big things, ya know? My familly and friends don't care to hear these things. I'm glad tehre is a place to gow where others understand and/or share the same experiences.
  14. sad2say

sad2say Member

It's been like that since the first week of our marriage. There are probably places I could go, but circumstances are tough right now which is why I am having such a hard time working things out. I appreciate your (and everyone's) support here on this site!
  15. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Sorry you're having a hard time.

Are things tough because he won't let you go to those places or financially tough, or both, or something else? Most urban areas have shelters at no or little cost. Maybe we can help you figure out if there's one in your area?
  16. Wispiwill

Wispiwill Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that about your marriage. I hope you find a way to be happy. Perhaps talking about things here can help you work things out?

Take care and Good Luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.