True Friends?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by mooch74, Dec 6, 2012.

1. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

I've needed to vent about this for a while now. Did any of you ever have a friend who was nothing but a user, welcher and demanding you know what who took advantage of you? I did and a few months ago, he hurt me to such a degree, I still can't get passed it. What really bothers me is that, when I look back on it, I can tell that he was doing it and didn't stop it. Also, other friends warned me about it and I didn't realize it til it was too late. This event has made my very cynical and untrusting of people.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Many times i have been harmed hun and yes each time it made it so much more impossible for me to trust again. I hope that you meet some good friends hun hugs
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Most people I've befriended have been that way...I've had friends who just used me for rides or alcohol or whatever else they could get off of me. And most people aren't there for me when I need them the most. I guess it's because I'm too nice and let people walk all over me...but not anymore. Don't let anyone treat you like that because you don't deserve it.
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

look at it this way, you had friends warning you.
    This means they took the time to try to protect you from this creep.
    Hang on to them, they sound like they may be true friends.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Yeah, like so many others, I've been there. But Terry's right... it sounds like you really do have people looking out for you.