True or Not

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LetItGo, Mar 28, 2009.

If you're male, and not loaded by the time your 30 you is screwed my friend

1. Oh so true

4 vote(s)
  2. Nah, thats ridiculous

20 vote(s)
  1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Agree or Disagree?
  2. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Btw I created this cause i was trawling through Google looking at what people my age might get up to around here...and two words constantly came up - "professional" and "successful", both of those suggest, you guessed it, plenty of cashola my friend, money, money, money, oh shit, whats that you say? I SAID MONEY!!!.

Way to go Google for making me feel like shit. :( lol, not the first time, wont be the last im sure.
  3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Don't feel so bad. Professional just means a career not money. Unless it's proceeded by doctor or lawyer. It's important to be financially stable, but nothing to make you particularly upset about. If you're suicidal, then surviving is the important thing. Take it one step at a time. You can make money later on.
  4. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

At my age I dont think there is a "later on" tbh. Seems i missed out on a lot of fun in my twenties, now im gonna miss out on the whole wife + kids + house dealy as well. Come to think of it though, I dont want any of that unless it definately feels right, but I would like someone to enjoy my thirties with.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

money means nothing
    you are not screwed :hug:
  6. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

when i was younger i wish i was rich and thought id be loaded by the time i was 30, probably would have happened hadnt a few things not happen

anyway that is bs, greed is what is wrong with the world, greedy doctors and a greedy corrupt system help me be where i am

if you are above 30 and have enough to pay the bills and have a decent life you are fine, money is the root of all evil and what is wrong with the world,your health is still the most important things and when that goes you wish you can get things back cuz nothing will matter no matter how rich you are

i bet alot of millionarees and billionares on their death bed wish they could have went back in life and did things differently
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Not..definitely not :unsure:
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I had the whole success thing for ten years then I had a nervous breakdown and lost everything..Since then I have decided material things don't much matter anymore.. I still have my daughter and grandaughter that to me is real wealth..
  9. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Also MJ, in today's economic climate more and more people above and below 30 are suffering immense economic losses. Hang in there.
  10. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

hmmm, every male thats been in my life has never had money to spare, they have to many bils loans mortgages ( i love how that word has mort in it :rolleyes: ) and tehy arent sucessful at any stretch of the imgaination.

i personally wouldnt worry about it,

and by "any male in my life" i am refering to relatives, friends etc.
  11. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, both my dad and step-dad lost their houses in divorces... They were essentially bankrupt around the time they were 30. They both remarried and are doing fine now [prenups were signed, though.]