Trust and Inferiority Issues.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by anarulesmenow, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

In the past I have been betrayed by a lot of people who I believed to be my friends and I find it very hard to be able to trust people.I also suffer from Depression,Anxiety,OCD and Eating Disorders, so this will also have contributed to my trust issues.
    I was just wondering whether there are any people on here who suffer from Trust Issues too and how they manage to cope with them?
    I can't think of one person who I trust properly and I want to be able to trust people but I can never tell now when a person is being genuine or not.
    I do have a lot of friends, but I can never talk to them about things when I need to and I think I would benefit from that.
    I always feel really inferior to my friends and have this belief that they really don't like me and they're only putting up with me.That sounds a bit strange seeing as I call them my friends, but it's something that gets me down a lot.
    I would be grateful for some advice on how to cope with this and to maybe improve my trust levels a bit more.

2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

You sound a lot like me (anxiety, depression, ED, let down a lot...). It's difficult because when you try and build trust in one person and they let you down, it knocks you back a long way. Here are some articles that helped me a lil (1) (2). After not trusting anyone for a long time, I'm beginning to get a little trust in people who have shown that they genuinely care and won't let me down. It can take a long time, but you'll get there. :) Feel free to PM.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I have no trust at all but with therapy i have started to trust my therapist. I can't even trust my own family members I think over time my T will show me not all people are out to hurt but even today i am hurt terrible over sensitve fear is a big factor I hope people here can show you there are people who truly care and won't judge you or get angry with you take care

4. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

I have trust issues.More like a trust disease.As a result I have no friends at all..not in the 3d world that is.Sadly it mostly my own doing but I certainly had my share of experiences that made me this way.More than my share.Low self esteem is the main reason.But people think you can just wake up one day and say hey! ok,im fine now.If you do not just get over it..they abandon you and trust issues grow.

as far as advise..only one thing can help trust issues and that is to TAKE THE CHANCE.With relationships.

5. foxwithwings13

foxwithwings13 Well-Known Member

I do have a trust issue... but it's difficult to explain...
    I reaveal too much about myself... and I don't necessarily trust them per se when I tell people my secrets, it's really more of me to vent and try and get close to people because that's what I want more than anything.
    But I don't trust people at all when It comes to staying by my in the hard times. I EXPECT people to abandon me. So I guess in that case, that's a trust issue.:unsure:

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I have major trust issues.. I don't even trust my family..Thats part of the reason I am an isolationist.. I won't let anyone get close to me..I live with my sister and hardly ever even talk to her..I don't know if I will ever trust again.. I have been in therapy for four years and she knows everything about me..But I don't completely trust her either..So I have no advice how to get past this other than get a therapist because they do help alot of people..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.