trust and support? here? yeah right

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Dec 17, 2010.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

now why the fuck can anyone be happy for me or serious about the fact I want to be vegetarian and eat tofu? why do they have to make smart ass comments about meat and laugh at my own expense? I can understand some of the sites but I thought this site was supposed to support you not laugh at you...

I can believe the bbw dating site stating bad comments on it, 'cause well anyone there going on a healthy diet would go against the fat community in a way..but here?

wow...that made me really sad to see that...and feel like I should have never trusted anyone on this site...

2. oval

oval Well-Known Member

i understand what you mean. i get shit for being a vegetarian all the time. even waiters in restaurants make fun of me for not eating meat, its rediculous. no matter where i go someone always has to bitch at me for it.
    vegetarians seem to be hated and made fun of everywhere. i just ignore those retards now. im always supportive of people who wanna go vegetarian and id love to share ideas :)

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

"You don't eat no meat? What do you mean 'you don't eat NO meat'?!" :laugh:

Don't let yourself get upset by them. You're being healthy the way you want, why the hell do you need the approval of strangers? :hug:

In some cultures, it's totally uncouth and bizarre to turn down meat, so they're shocked and go "WHAT! What you mean you don't eat NO meat?! Abomination!" because it may be interpreted as an inconsiderate or disrespectful gesture to turn down a generous dish of Auntie's loving meatballs, which she gives to all of her guests as a peace offering.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You can trust many on the site just ignore the ones that are juvenile okay
    Let their words just pass thru you as it was air because their words are useless anyways

5. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

I'm not vegetarian, but I think it's great that you're trying to eat a healthy diet. I guess some people just feel that meat is part of the healthiest diet, when in actuality....it's not as healthy as many of us have been led to believe (hence me limiting my meat intake).

Ignore the people who make fun of you, and stick to your beliefs. Like Prinnctopher's Belt said, you don't need their approval.

6. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

Meat eaters may make comments that are hurtful, but so do vegetarians, many of them make comments on how their beliefs are better then meat eaters, it's a two way street.

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Er... You seem to be implying that because some vegetarians talk down to meat eaters it's right for meat eaters to talk down to vegetarians? That's really... something.

8. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Really?
    I guess I missed those comments, thankfully... @_@

Sorry people are being asses-- if you want to change your diet around for the better; that is great! You should be getting support and not being laughed at.
    I did notice when I was strictly vegetarian in highschool that people would make cracks at me all the time. I never understood why... doesn't make any sense to me.

Eat whatever you want and continue to strive to be healthier! That is always a great thing.
    Anyone who is against it is a closed-minded ass.
    A healthier world would be a much happier world, in my opinion.

9. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

i totally support you! :)

10. ansdr

ansdr Well-Known Member

The Way I see it, in whatever decision you make, someone is not going to agree with it. But you have to support yourself sometimes. It's hard to do because it's like your in a room alone, and everyone else is telling you that you're wrong or not right. But once you just forget them you'll be fine. I mean, they can't force you to see things from their point of view. I always thought that insults were just someones way of complaining that you don't agree with them.

11. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

You should be happy for yourself

I'm a veegartarian, some vegertarians believe they can eat fish and no other animal :-/
    I'm a proud vegi x
    Not a vegatable x

12. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I'm not a vegetarian, but some of my closest friends are and I don't see what's wrong with it. I myself try to avoid eating lots of meat, but cannot go without it entirely. Good on you for choosing to be a vegetarian, because it's something I probably would not be able to do.

TDM

13. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I should have been more specific, There are vegetarians that give meat eaters s a hard time and there are meat eaters that do the same, you just can't take it to heart. I do see the difference that with vegetarians though such as the labels that have been given to them, it truly is not right.
    I'm sorry you have been given such a hard time.