Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shauna Lea, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

I really need help with this. My now ex-boyfriend broke my trust a fair bit....its a pretty long story so i wont go into it. I just need to know where we can start to get the trust bac. at what point will i kno that i can trust him feels like its such a risk to take and im so scared. What can he do to get it bac? Is it worth trying to get it bac? What can i do?

Please help, i've really had enough! :sad:
  2. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

shauna, for starters you said your ex. sorry to hear he broke your trust. i'm a man, and i'll be the first to tell you we can be assholes. i'm sorry for what he did it was wrong. when it comes to when you'll be able to trust him again, i can't say. personally once someone ruins my trust with them, it's over. i have a very hard time trusting ppl anyway. hope you get throught this ok.:)
  3. altek001

altek001 Well-Known Member

going with jcat on this one. (cool avi, btw.)
    boys are stupid. throw rocks at them. (i admit, this includes me at times.)

as for your trust for/with him..i'm going to fall back into a cliché:
    go with your instinct. if he's messed up way too many's obvious he's not going to be changing. if you don't think he's being sincere in his attempts to gain it again, (whatever that means to you,) don't waste the time.

he made a mistake with you somehow. he has to live with the fact.

hope that helps.
    - Henry
  4. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

So ur saying the bottom line is that i need to move on? forget about him?
  5. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

The short answer is that there is no way to really get the trust back aside from just giving it to him.... but that is not something that works.

I think that once trust is broken to a huge degree it cannot be fixed.
  6. You shouldn't forget about him but I think you do need to look onto the future than into the past. Let the hurt go away for awhile and stop worrying about his lack of interest in you. Don't feel like you need to trust him or he needs to trust you--work on just being friends, not lovers. I know you must be very attached to him (just sounds that way to me) but sometimes you have to stop and realize that things are different than they were, and we can't dwell on one thing for all of our lives. Get out and enjoy the world for awhile :smile:
  7. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

First off HE broke your trust. I wouldn't worry about him unless he somehow does something amazing to earn your trust back.
  8. kirakyoumou

kirakyoumou Well-Known Member

you'll trust when you're ready...:) such things can't be forced. God will put someone in your life that will guide you I'm sure.

9. Shauna, I've told you this for months. I hope you find someone who treats you well, which even at that, will be much better than how your ex has been treating you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.