Trust?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by diseased, May 7, 2008.

1. diseased

diseased Active Member

I recently moved back to a city where I used to live. I'm trying to get my life back together and everything was going great until I ran into one of my ex's.

He came up to me and talked to me until bar close (he works there and I was dragged there reluctantly by my horny friend). He said that he was sorry for the way things happened and that we should hang out sometime. I told him that I would like that and that I'd see him around.

Now I don't know what to do. I've always liked him a lot. Maybe even loved him. I don't know if we can just be friends. The last time we tried we ended up sleeping together and I'm pretty for sure it could happen again.

Honestly, I'd really like to try and get to know him again. My feelings for him haven't changed much even after all this time. I'm just worried that he only wants to fuck me and I'm not sure if I should trust him or how serious I should take this. I'm trying to play it as cool as I can but he makes me feel so weird.

I really want to have sex with him but I'm not going to unless he wants to get back together for serious. I just don't know. I have trouble forming meaningful and lasting attachments to people. I don't trust anyone, least of all myself.

It's just that I've never felt this way about anyone, ever. What should I do?

2. diseased

diseased Active Member

Seriously! Any advice would be helpful...

3. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

He may really enjoy your company, but he may also just want to sleep with you. You can't trust anything with a penis.

Every time I take a shower I look down and realize I cannot trust myself.

4. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I think you should just take a risk and see what happens. You can't read his mind. If you like him that much, it seems like it would be a worthwhile risk.

5. diseased

diseased Active Member

Haha @ lead savior! If it's any consulation I don't trust people w/ vaginas either. In general I'm not very trusting.

I've been thinking about it and I'd decided I'm not just going to jump right back in. I'm going to try and keep my distance somewhat and see how he reacts.

I've never doubled back to a guy before. Normally I say that I recycle everything except boyfriends. But in this case it feels like we might've almost had it. No one has ever made me feel like he does. It'd be a shame to just let that go.

Wish me luck.