Truth about Hell

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by see, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. see

see Well-Known Member

2. OP - Unless you mean to actually seriously debate this topic with other members here (which is THE purpose for The Soap Box), I will otherwise flag this post.

Do let us know... :dry:

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Thanks for the article See.

I don't think hell exists as a place but as a state of being although I don't completely dismiss the idea of hell being a place also.

An open mind is best.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Hell is just a state of mind. I am in hell right now. I'm not sure if that state of mind might continue after death. I'm thinking probably not.

5. see

see Well-Known Member

dont really care what you do use it dont use it

6. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

WTF?!

If they're talking about that god in the bible, they should go and get educated. People should open their fucken eyes!! If he's the god of love, then why doesn't he reply to you when you pray to him?

And he tortures his followers :laugh:

The god of the bible is a fictitious entity... People should really discover the true religion of humanity!

Oh, and hell isn't a punishment..

7. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Well answer this, say you have a close friend who is taking drugs and has just been made homeless and is staying with you. Sure you will take him in, but eventually he/she is going to become lazy and become completley dependant on you. There is no way they are going to change because they think you will solve all their problems. Wouldnt you be the better friend to encourage him/her to be strong and make their own way of life rather than have them sit around sit by your feet becoming weak and idle?

Perhaps that is what god is doing, testing our strength of will, judging whether we are truly good, honest people at heart before he lets us into heaven.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I've heard these sort of things, life's a spiritual journey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger etc. This is all well and good, but then why do young children die in the most horrible ways, not much chance for growth there.

Although I don't believe in reincarnation, I reckon that if life does have some meaning, purpose, or truth it wants to teach us, then the chances of realising it in one lifetime is pretty slim. Perhaps we need to see life from different perspectives in time and space? Maybe I'll be reborn as an alien on a distant planet somewhere? I can but hope.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  9. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Im not saying I neccesarily believe in holy spirits and afterlife or anything, its just someone whos quick to deny the existance of god is equally as ignorant as someone who discriminates those who dont.

10. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

Assuming God is omniscient (which Christians claim he is), this would make no sense. Before conducting the test, he already knows the results of the test, thus it not even really being a test in the first place.

For example...

God decides to "test" your strength by putting alot of hardships in your life. God is omniscient. He already knew the results of the test before putting the hardships in your life, so what would be the point?

11. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Hell is Earth, as far as I'm concerned.

12. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

The growth doesn't necessarily happen for the dying children, as they are pure. The growth happens for the parents and the people affected by the life of that child. We need to think bigger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.