Truth is hard

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by TheTaleofTruth, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delete this if you will. I frankly don't give a rat's ass anymore. I'm entitled to an opinion and I'll make it anonymously because I know the little "woe is me clan" will pitch a fit. So by all means if this classifies itself as "too harsh" because I'm simply being honest then by all means go ahead, delete it.

I'm really fed up with the attitudes on SF where they feel the need to think that everyone is supposed to bend over backwards for them when they are in "Crisis". Did you ever stop to think that everyone on this damn site is in crisis, hence why they are here? People cannot help everyone at every point in their lives. We're not here to baby you, coddle you and/or hold your hand through your whole life. The point is it's your life. You need to make some choices on your own and if you mess up or slip up, pick yourself up and try it all over again. That is the name of the game isn't it. I have many friends on this site that I have helped and love very much and I will NOT let them get trampled on the way some have.

To the people who insist on belittling, beating down and making the staff feel less than they are. Cut the shit. Maybe if you haven't realize before they became "red or green" they were just like us. They still are just like us so get off your moral high ground and shut the hell up already. Their job is to make sure the site is a safe place for all to come, not to babysit and help you suck your thumb. This site is supposed to help people not make them feel worse and the shit I've seen lately has both made me hate this site and wish it would shut down all at once. Sadly I need this site still even though I hate it so much.

There is no need to make staff or anyone else feel less than they are. There is no need to butt your noses into fights, arguments or even serious discussions. It's not about you, it doesn't concern you, so stay the hell out of it. I love how so many people are willing to pinpoint and target others for their issues, downfalls and mistakes but aren't willing to step up and own up to their own. It's funny that you can sit there and say "well a mod did this and a mod did that" What about you complaining about every little thing they do wrong? Guess what?! People make mistakes, people don't catch everything, people MESS UP! There's no need to go throw a wobbly and post in the main forum about chat. CHAT AND FORUM ARE TWO DIFFERENT PLACES. Keep your damn drama about chat in ltm because frankly no one on the board wants to hear your "wah wah everyone hates me no one loves me. this person said that to this person" kind o fbullshit. We're here trying ot get support not listen to you bitch like a hyena.

Now my next issue. If a thread has nothing to do with you, if you weren't even around to see what happened then stay the fuck out of it. I find it all too funny that certain people still feel the need to take digs at members when their friend is involved. Quite frankly you got her/his side of the story which of course could be utter bullshit and completely misconstrued. So you make yourself look like an ass by making comments you know nothing about. Also pointing out something and you know who you are. You are the last person who should be talking about fighting with girlfriends on the forum/chat. Aren't you the one who had like 2,000 girlfriends on this site and stalked and belittled each one everytime they split with you. That's kinda calling someone out on a small scale when yours seems to be on the large scale of things. Don't call people out on shit unless you want your dirty laundry aired as well.

Last issue...this place was once a safe haven for people to come to. It was once a place where people could go into chat and talk about their problems and not be screamed at, not be told to take it elsewhere and mostly listened to. They were helped not ridiculed. They were helped not pushed over the edge. So instead of nitpicking at every little flaw or fault people have why not help...isn't that what this fuckin' site is about..or have we all reduced it to a bickering pile of bullshit.

Think about it before you go and shit on other people. They are just as bad off as you. Get your head out of your ass.

Go ahead delete this. You'll be having a fun time because I"ll most likely keep posting it.
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Umm, AMEN

*runs and hides*
  3. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Bit harsh....:eek:hmy:
  4. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

maybe a bit harsh but sometimes the truth hurts and needs to be told that way
    i guess that is what the post is about.
  5. ~PinkElephants~

It might be a bit harsh, but's as honest as it comes. I'd rather that be said then it be all huggy huggy and sunshine shoved up my ass.

The site has taken a downhill turn and it's picking up speed to just implode. It's sad but true and Ive spoken to many people that have been here more than a year and they agree. If you really really dig deep adn think about it or better yet find posts from 2 years ago you'll see the difference.
  6. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I keep reading how the site has changed has it changed? I don't get it. Will someone just tell me simply in what ways has it changed for the worse since say, a year ago? Wait, I've been here nearly a year anyway...maybe I haven't been here long enough :unsure:
  7. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

i wasnt here two years ago, but this site diffinatly took a turn for the worse.
    its been declining ever since i got here.
  8. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I must be stupid then because I haven't noticed :unsure: this is the forum I'm talking about really, I don't go into chat very often.
  9. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

sticky it!!!!

so true all of it.
  10. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Although a little harsh I think there are some pretty valid points in there... chat seems to be a free for all a lot of the time. And I know a few people on here that will help try to help everyone but find it difficuilt to get help when they need it :sad:
  11. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I will second this notion. In the two years I've been here (hell, probably two years to just about the day as of this post) I've not really noticed a huge change in the forums. I can't really comment on chat, since I only rarely go in, and only do go in when I've verified beforehand (via "see who's chatting") that an Admin, mod or monitor is also on board.

The only change I'm noticing is that it actually seems a bit busier now than I remember it being when I first joined. And that two discussion boards I know of that are quite similar to SF have seemingly been reduced to ghost towns over that time. Seems to me people are voting with their feet...and coming here.
  12. ~PinkElephants~

In changes I mostly mean in chat. As you've noticed new rules have been put into effect because of the decline. It just seems people are more hell bent on trying to belittle, hurt, and push people over the edge then ever. It's sad that more people want to be harsh then be supportive. Two to three years ago people would rally around a person if they were down and out and try to pick them up even if it took an hour and might not work. Now people's responses are "get bent" or "go to triggering" or "no one cares" etc. you get my drift.

Frankly, it sucks.
  13. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

which is what i have been trying to say about chat, mods, ethos and everything, when the mods or regs dont care what is the point for newbies?
    i dont know anymore. my head is too fuckedd. but yea it needs changing, the attitude is all wrong
  14. ~PinkElephants~

I"m not trying to call people out. I'm not trying to sit here and point fingers. The original poster said to stop bagging on the mods because you know what, yeah they miss shit but guess what they are human to. Some people seem to forget that they feel and bleed just like us and most days barely feel like being alive let alone deal with the barrage of insults from members who are supposed to be supportive not belittling little prats.

15. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

and its not the mods jobs to pick everyone up.
    and in my own defence because i a sooooooooo self centered :dry:
    i only tell people to go to triggering because; if they dont people start to bitch and call them trolls, or start whinging say they're triggered and the new person then feels attacked even worse.

imo ppl have become more self centered and dont care about new people, they just come in, make their friends, and then repeat the process tho this time come in and whinge to said friends, or have a pop at the mods becuae they are so big with their keyboards.
  16. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

How can you say we don't care? All the staff put a lot of effort and thinking into SF and every single thing we do, we do it with the aim to help SF. We don't go out of our way to jepodise it, we all care and we all do our best.

We realised chat was a problem area so we have thought up a new system (which wasn't easy to implement) and it's AIM is to help the chatroom become a more managable environment for everyone.

Sometimes it feels like no matter what we do people don't appreciate the effort from our side. We have talked, debated, discussed 'behind the scenes' and to be honest it is tiring, it does wear you out but we carry on... because we want you guys to feel content with SF, we want it be a supportive environment for everyone, we want chat to settle down.

You've heard it I'm sure but being a moderator/admin is NOT easy, far from it. When you have issues of your own it's not nice to be made to feel useless or like you are doing no good.

All I ask is that you all work with us, NOT against us. If you have any suggestions then please, please let us know in LtM and every single suggestion we will listen to.
  17. ~PinkElephants~

Res... :hug:
    well put love.
  18. soliloquise

i didnt say that nor did i single anyone out ok
  19. ~PinkElephants~

Ok sol
    I'll just zip my lips and not drag this morning/last night into this thread.

The original poster is dead on. Point blank.
  20. soliloquise

i didnt you say you didnt care i said some dont and i have prrof of that. they are the ones who ignore people, who say people are attention seeking for asking for hekp etc. i havent said anything or anyone is useless. i am obviously not allowed to say anything here without getting blasted so i wont anymore
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.