truth over lies anyday!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Blackness, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Why do people think it's better to stay with someone and live a lie and "protect" them and not hurt them rather than simply tell them the truth???

Are people that dumb?!?!?!?!

All I ever want is the truth and i never get it. It is better to be told the truth and hurt a little than to be lied to forever and hurt forever once you find out the truth.

Why I am always the victim, always used, abused.
    No one has ever really loved me, maybe thats why im so shit in the love game. I always end u with the bastard guys, who end up fucking me over in the end. All guys are the same. I rpomised never to "fall" again so many times, but i keep getting infatuated with dickheads!

I dont wanna love, i dont have any love so i shouldnt love either. I mean fucked up love was the whole reason of harming.

People should always tell the truth no matter what, it saves ALOT of heartache in the future.
  2. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

yeah, some ppl just dont get it but there are ppl who do and that is worth fighting for. i prefer honesty because at least you know immediately where you stand instead of being lost in confusion the whole time. usually the lie just gets bigger and it hurts more when you do finally find out. mostly because you feel betrayed of having to waste your time, if you knew the truth sooner you could have reacted to it sooner.

love is painful a lot of the time, its not going to be all butterflies and roses but it can be really great if you give it a chance and dont beat yourself up if it doesnt work out.

maybe if you keep falling for the wrong guys, try going for someone you normally wouldnt be attracted to and see what happens. im always attracted to the 'bad guys' but useually they end up being liars and very superficial, all they want is sex. i changed my tactics and went for someone i was so not attracted to, turns out he is the sweetest guy ever, so loyal and honest. not saying hes perfect but i dont thing anyone is. it would be hypocritical of me to expect someone to be perfect and im not.
  3. kath

kath Well-Known Member

Hey i hope it helped to get that out.

im no good at love or friendship.Always manage to mess both up in the end.Mess them up in style thats me.

As for honesty.Yes i prefer it even if its gonna hurt.i rather have it from the start than find out something a friend or whoever had hidden from me or simply not told me [for whatever reasons or intent - good or bad] later....the hurt would be more if i thought they were never going to tell me what i had later found out [accidentally or intentionally] through other means later.

If i had to deal with whatever they hadnt been honest about in the first place and also then as a secondary thing the fact that for whatever reason they had choosen that they werent gonna be honest with me in the first place [for whatever reason] that would be like a double blow.

I can often respect people more who are honest with me even if what they have to say hurts a bit at times still rather the honesty.

Those are the people i want as my friends and the people i hope and feel i have.

Thats if i havent messed up those friendships yet too.

Im sorry my reply has been so long.I can identify with a lot of what you wrote.Please feel free to PM me anytime if you want to talk more.
  4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

You said some really good advice in this post thankyou!

And Kath, thankyou for your good reply too, I just may have to take you up on that PM :)
  5. immure

immure Account Closed

i m wicked i lie to protect people yet another reason why i suck
  6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

depends on what the lies are..................

but in this case lies are forbidden
  7. immure

immure Account Closed

the lies are many it always turns that way one turns into a mil. and don t change ur conviction to make me feel better call be a mean ass for lien if thats what u believe liers are
  8. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

thats the problem w/ lies, you have to keep lying to cover up the initial lie and it gets a bit tireing, if you just told the truth straight out, that would be that and you wouldnt have to think about it again.

maybe if you really see how it affects ppl you wont be so eager to lie anymore.
  9. Blackness

Blackness Guest

sometimes we have to, me seeing these metal health professionals behind my families back. It just has to be done.

It's not ok to lie in relationships..........
  10. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

I like the "Sometimes we have to lie". :laugh:
    Let's ask the world to raise their hand up only if they've never lied.

It really depends on how you define the word "lie". :laugh: