Try a letter

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Chernarus, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

write a letter to yourself when your in a stable mood and write it to remind that there are better days or to give you some hope. Do this and read it when you feel like your on the edge or are on the edge. put it some place you wont forget about it. like a shoe box under you bed or pin it to the wall some place safe and when your down take a moment to read it and see if you will change your mind. and if you are going to kill your self what do you have to loose so read it.

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Nice suggestion. I hope it might help a few of the members here. Thanks

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I think that it would be helpful to have one posted on the wall, easy to see :)

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have done this before, it did help :) :hug:

5. pither

pither Well-Known Member

I think writing letters is an extremely great suggestion- it's helped me many times in the past and I'm sure it will help =]

6. JM18

JM18 Active Member

Actually this is a great idea beyond your imagining. (yeah i know my english sux ass)

Not only a letter... a single letter. I started a notebook... whenever i felt crappy, or down or felt like crying out loud or shouting or taking a knife and inserting it in myself (i like that... it sounds kinda funny, but when you think of it, it really isn't) i just sat down at my computer and started writing. Without paying attention to anything, without deleting, without limitations.

Fuck Grammar, fuck format, fuck everything, get it out! Write out your thoughts... when you're feeling the worst or the best... and when you're just thinking soberly... like normally... averagely, read em.

Read em, and think...

7. Sad Rabbit

Sad Rabbit Account Closed

post deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
  8. JM18

JM18 Active Member

So if it's not helping you... why do it? ( i mean... are you a masochist? - i'm pretty damn sure i misspelled that)

9. Sad Rabbit

Sad Rabbit Account Closed

post deleted

:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
  10. JM18

JM18 Active Member

Don't talk about living in isolation to me... seriously...

And THINK for 2 seconds... IF SOMETHING IS MAKING YOU FEEL BAD, WHY DO IT!?

Don't say you had your reasons... and well if you indeed did... then fulfilling those reasons must've made you feel good? So in the long run, you did gain something from it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.