Trying hard not to

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Bigman2232, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

I'm trying really hard not to take another shot at hitting a vein or two. I've been on my own all weekend as everyone went home for Easter. I couldn't afford to go home.

So I've been trying to think of some good but I've got nothing. I've talked myself into maybe asking a girl out but then I realise that I can't. I don't have any money to go on a date. And even if I could get one date, what do I do after that? I have no money, and I get to go home to a couch in my mom's apartment. I'm a huge loser and I just don't have the energy to wait any longer.

I tried to get help but it hasn't worked. I just want it to end.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

What happened when you tried to get help?

Sorry you've been on your own this weekend. That had to be really hard.

3. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Well I see a therapist, been put on meds, gone to academic counselor and basically gotten as much help as I can. None of it works though. I still feel the same and have the same hopeless future.

My roommate showed up last night so I couldn't do it.

4. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hey...i'm sorry you are having such a rough time.

it is so positive that you are reaching out here, though.

pm me if you want to talk - and i hope you don't do anything to hurt yourself. i care about what happens to you :console:

5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Heya, Bigman...

Sorry to hear that this has been a hard time for you.

It can take a few weeks for meds to kick in, so that might be a factor. If you've been on them a while, perhaps your doc needs to prescribe a different one. Lots of people have to try several different anditdepressants until they find the one that works best for them. The talking part of therapy might be hard to "notice" that it's working because so many little bits of the talking have to fall into place - but they will. Can't hurt to stay with the therapy, anyway.

As for asking a girl out...Just wanted to say when I was at uni, I had a boyfriend who had very little money. We'd go for the longest, loveliest walks and then go have tea or coffee - either at a (cheap) restaurant or back at his or my place. Spring is a good seasonand goingn for a picnic? Just ideas...

Please don't follow through on your ideas for suicide or hurting yourself. You have lots to offer. Give yourself (and the world) a chance to see it, 'K?

:hug:
    A.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.