Trying not to cut

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ilene, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilene

ilene Member

I haven't cut for 3 months, but I feel so horrible tonight... I just want to slash myself to ribbons. I don't even care if I bleed to death. I can hardly stand it. If I cut, my husband will see it and get mad at me, but I just don't know what to do. I just really need some relief. My anxiety is sooooo bad, but I don't even know why. It's not like life is horrible right now, but I have been panicky and depressed really bad today. I'm starting to feel hopeless. I feel like I'll never be able to stop this cutting, and I'll never find happiness in life. My therapist always says to remember that cutting is only a temporary solution, and afterwards I'll feel worse. She's right, that's always true. But right now I think even some temporary relief would help. I feel so alone. I'm ready to give up on everything.

2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

hun you've stuck it out for 3 months, its not worth losing that all that, you've achieved soo much by lasting that long, don't give that up, your therapist is right it is a temporary solution, don't throw awat all you've achieved for one moment

stay safe

vikki x

3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Hun, I am so sorry you feel so aweful......I understand what you are saying I have been down that road before...maybe try and cry...the other day I felt the same way but I started crying and didn't stop for hours then I went and talked to my friend......so try crying and talking with someone and remember what your therapist said...and it will pass...it always does, you can make it.

If you need to talk and have msn or yahoo don't hesitate to contact me....my msn is: painNsiolence@hotmail.com and my yahoo is: tha_cross_woman@yahoo.com

You aren't alone hun, you have me and many others.

:handinhan

:hug:

You're in my thoughts,
    Carolyn. x

4. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

i know how you feel.. i too am strugling soooooooo bad.. the ultimate solution would be to replace one behavior with another... can youfind something to do that is not so harmful to you.. something that offers some relief.... stay strong.. and you will overcome...

if you slip remember dont be down on yourself...

5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Totally agreed, slip ups are part of progress, up and downs, but remember just because you have a slip doesn't mean you are doing bad or can't get back up and start recovery of SH.

Hope that makes sense to you.

xxx
    Carolyn.

6. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

just checking in.. i hope you r doing well

7. ilene

ilene Member

Thanks for your message and checking in on me. I made it through that night, but now I'm feeling pretty bad again on Oct 10th. I'm struggling to get through it again. Thanks for your kind words though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.