trying not to

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by pheonix, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheonix

pheonix Well-Known Member

i am so trying to not cut right now but its getting hard
    i have done all i can to fight against the urges i have had allday
    i am trying not to but i so want too

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Then write about how you are doing...having a voice is one way to counter these urges...best of luck, J

3. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

maybe this would help. its what Mel suggested to me yesterday when I was having the urges. Put on some of your favorite music. concentrate on the music and picture a happy memory. Maybe that will help? It helped me a little bit.

4. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

:hug: I am sorry you are having difficulties... Sadeye's suggestion is a good one. Distraction somehow always seems useful :hug:

5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Pheonix :hug: Do whatever you can to keep your hands busy... write a diary, PM someone, go into chat...
    You can fight your urges and come out on top, don't give up. :hug:

6. pheonix

pheonix Well-Known Member

i just want to give up this is just getting to much

7. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

You need distraction. Talk to someone on the phone (there are many numbers to counselors available in the Yellow Pages), just DON'T talk about how you feel right now, talk about other things that are not related to the feelings.

8. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Pinching yourself with a rubber band around your wrist is another option if you desperately want pain. That will not leave scars, but it hurts very bad for a second or so, completely harmless but it works to distract you.
    Try to watch a movie, or take a walk to the forests (if you live near one) and scream. That may work too.
    :hug:

9. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

write it all down, just let the words flow from you. put on your favorite music, sit down with a pen and paper and just write down how everything makes you feel.
    or grab a rubber band or hair band and flick it onto your wrist alot. this isnt the best thing if you have people around you though... since if you do it enough the area becomes red and swollen.
    or if you have access to one, a punching bag can be a very good outlet. dont go all out on it unless you have boxing gloves or SOME sort of protection for your knuckles. most people dont care about scars or scabs on there knuckles, but they do when they cant hold a fork right.

hope this helped.

10. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

If you do anything creative, then do that :) When I have urges to do somethign terrible I turn to my guitar, or my paints, or my pencil. I've spent hours painting my space marines without even realizing it lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.