Trying to decide what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by francaisfille_13, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been dealing with suicidal thoughts for over a year and a half now and each day I still wonder why I'm still here and whether today should really be the day that it all ends. I've gone to the hospital a few times and it seems that because I never have attempted my psychiatrist doesn't think that I'm actually serious.

The thing is I can recognise when the feeling is different from the daily thoughts and that's when I know that I need someone else to help me, but how do I feel that there is anyone there who would help me when even the hospital won't stop me anymore...
  2. happypeople

happypeople Active Member

What goin on in ur life exactly thats making u feel this way?
  3. Bluerose99

Bluerose99 Member

I'm here if you want to talk about it. Just talk at me, I'll listen.

I'm here and I care. Tell them you're serious about it. Or tell me, or someone.

We're here to help.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I know how you feel about your doctor not beleiving you.. The last time I was in the hospital When they discharged me the doctor put down that I was stable..Boy was he wrong..He needs to live my life to see how much it sucks and why I stay suicidal.. My shrink now has discovered that I am skyzophrenic on top of everything else..You need to keep fighting and find a shrink who understands what your saying..I have found being in therapy is also very helpful..
  5. Things started going wrong when a relationship I was in went south and things have gone downhill since then. I lost a huge support system about 4 months after I got diagnosed with depression. My family has all sorts of problems and I was always the dumping ground for problems in the family. Now I've been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. The problem is I'm a student and I often can't focus on my courses so it frustrates me all the time. The other thing is I cut so that I don't commit suicide.

I know a lot of my problems come from the fact that I'm too hard on myself but that's not going to change anytime soon.

I'm in therapy with a counsellor through my university but it scares me because I'm only in university for another 2 years. When things get bad I try to use one of the crisis lines that are in my area. They've been helpful some times but other times I just feel like I'm talking to no one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.