Trying to fight off a panic attack

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by justsomegirl, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Okay, my breathing is fast, chest is tight. Have felt weird all day, started to get convinced I am sick (hypochondria strikes again). Took my temperature to prove to myself that there's no fever, keep telling myself it's panic that's making my head fuzzy. I'm supposed to meet my friends for a girl's night and I know going and getting out is good, but I'm all over the place panicky. I haven't had a full blown panic attack in months and I am terrified. This is less of a question, I guess, and more of an "I need support please/make me laugh" post.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hugs to you post ok breath hun ok slow breaths nice slow breaths in then out You will be ok i am glad you are reaching out here hugs

3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

4. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

I was going to write something encouraging but morning rush's link was so funny my mind is blank. First time I laughed out loud in months. See her post and you will feel better. :happysmiles: Hope the panic goes away quickly.

5. justsomegirl

Thanks guys, that link did make me laugh out loud! It helps to know I have support (and funny friends). Thanks guys! :hug:

6. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

Seven eleven breathing helps.....

Sit down. Gently breath in to count seven.....hold a few seconds.....breath out to count eleven. Do it three or four times together and your body will relax.

7. justsomegirl

markb, Thanks for the idea! I am actually pretty keyed up this morning and am trying the seven eleven breathing.

8. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

:freehug:

Just try to calm down Justsomegirl and think about tonight & the fact you are going to see your friend & you both are going to haver a great time together

Nick

:mouse_cheese:

:hugpounce:

And as for cheering you up:

How many babysitters does it take to change a light bulb?

Are you joking? They can't even change a dirty diaper!

=========================================================
    What is a man's idea of foreplay?

A half hour of begging.

=========================================================

:freehug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.