Trying to fight the urge

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by carebear32, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

For 2 weeks now I've been fighting the urge to cut myself. The urge seems to get worse at night, probably because during the day I keep myself busy at my volunteer job at the police station. I just feel so empty and lost. I cancelled my therapy appointment for tomorrow, because I've been having such a difficult time with my therapist lately that I just can't face her.

2. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

yea it can be rly difficult fighting the urge, especially at night indeed because then there are no obsticles in the way. and therapists might not be very helpful at times as i've experienced, but i think tht's just because sometimes it's pretty difficult to understand something u havent experienced. oh and congratz on 2 weeks^^, tht's quite an accomplishment. i think finding something u rly like doing might help, or maybe talking to a friend instead of a professional, or maybe if u feel the need, finding a new therapist if this one isnt helping. keeping urself busy is good too. this forum is also always here if u need further advice, and here's a lot of people who are experiencing the same things as u and shud be able to get where u're coming from.
    its good that u're reaching out here, hope everything goes well^^

3. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Truthhurts. I have to see my therapist on Friday, because I missed last week. I've thought about looking for a new therapist, but the truth is I'm scared. I'm even petrified of my current therapist and being unemployed I can't afford to see anyone else. With Social Anxiety Disorder I keep to myself and don't have many friends. I'd talk to my mother about all this, but she has her own problems, she has bipolar and is still trying to get it under control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.