Trying to find my place in this world

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Nofriends, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nofriends

Nofriends Member

New here and not sure where if this belongs here but here goes. I am fighting an on going battle on whether to live or just give up and be a third time lucky. I have previously attempted suicide on two other occasions in my teens and I could not get that right. What a loser huh. My attempts were overdose and then overdose and cutting. I know I was put on this earth for a reason as when I was 18 months old I was dead for several minutes and revived.

These feelings have been with me and now they are back again and daily I think about saying screw it and just going to meet my dad and granddad who have passed. The stress of living gets to be too much as I work and go to school full time. I have no friends except my wife and she is worried she will find me. I am in a profession where we are expected to be macho and help everyone and this isn't something you can just bring up. Sick of trying to find out why I was put on this earth....sometimes it seems easier being buried in it
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun it doesn't matter what profession one has EVERYONE need help ok now and then my profession too hell if we don't reach out for help then we are no good to the ones around us right. Doctors psychiatrist lawyers nurses everyone goes through times of depression meds help and a therpist can help. You deserve to live without this burden on you ok you deserve to be happy and the supports are there so use them ok so your wife does not have to live in fear of losing you hugs
  3. Nofriends

Nofriends Member

Thanks for the reply total eclipse. It just is hard in my profession cause if you admit you are depressed or suffer from depression then they can use that against you for termination. I feel like I am damned if I do and damned if I just keep it to myself
  4. trying2live

trying2live New Member

Nofriends I understand where you are coming from. It's difficult to be depressed and not have anyone to vent to and understand. If you ever need someone to talk to who will listen and not judge, I am here for you.
  5. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Nofriends, I can relate to how you feel. Many days I feel lost and lonely too and it's quite depressing when you don't have anyone to talk too. Someone who understands you and will comfort you whenever you need it. You have lots of support on here. If you'd ever like to reach out or want someone to talk too: send me a pm. I'll be sure to answer you. =)

I care and I'm listening. ~Hugs~

6. Nofriends

Nofriends Member

I appreciate the kind words and opportunities to talk to people who understand what I am going through. I will probably be sending you pm in the future to just chat. I am finding the feelings are becoming stronger to just put a gun in my mouth and pull the trigger
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.