Trying to find reasons

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sadguy33, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

to stay alive but I just can't think of any. Will things truly get better not for someone as incompetant as me I'm afraid to work because I know I'll suck at anything I try to do I'm an idiot and know I'm an idiot and I can't change that. I've never had a gf or anything, sports I worked hard at were all failures. I'm trying to figure out what I'm still doing here.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Because there are just too many things in the "have not done yet" list to give up on it now. You can't feel good about being done when so many things were never tried or started.
    Do not try to do all of them right now today or this week or month - prioritize what is important or you believe would be significant to you and what step you would have to do to go in that direction. Make that step your first goal, you do not always need to focus on th ebig picture that is hard to change; look for a couple small details that can lead to change.

Take Care and Be Safe

3. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

Its funny your advice is exactly what I try to do you know just try to take things little by little as I can I just get depressed sometimes and need some encouragment because even though I do think things are getting better little by little its hard not to look at the big picture so far away. Thanks for listening.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Sometime we don't see the small changes hun but just remember many small changes are just as important hun Hugs to you
  5. luna6

luna6 Member

I feel that way too; like everything I try I will fail at sooner or later, so why bother trying? This is very broad too, I mean, even if a conversation I have doesn't go well, then I suck and should just die. If I disappoint anyone, even if in the grand scheme of things, they don't really matter much to me, I feel like I just need to die. If life is pointing out all these failures to me every single day, what am I still doing here? how can i even try to think of some greater purpose when i can't even get the little things right?
  6. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

I understand a lot of what you are saying and that is kind of how I feel thanks for listening and I'm sorry you also feel bad if you need to talk or vent just PM me anytime.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.