Trying to hang in there!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shauna Lea, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

I'm at work at the moment and I'm trying SO hard to stick it out for 2day...When things were going really bad i was down all the time now I'm either incredibly happy or incredibly upset. I dont know whats going on. The moment i stop to think i feel like breaking down and crying. I dont like going to see psychologists..i find it awkward. I've never found an anti-depressant that works. Music is pretty much my anti-depressant, but of course at work I cant play and when im feeling like this i cant concentrate on work. Do i need to take time off work until im completly better? Or will being at home by myself all day make things worse? What do u think i can do to help? I've just turned 19 and this really isnt the way my life should be! Even I know that i deserve more...so y cant i make it happen?

Please help! :unsure:

2. lostnconfused

lostnconfused New Member

hi, i am very new to this only justt posted my first thread but i can see what ur saying. I also am only 18 and think there must be more to life than this endless cycle of feeling low then better then low again. I am afraid i have no answers as to what can help if i did i wouldn of found this site. As to ur work, i no they say that keeping busy can help take ur mind of things but im not sure. I no from personal experience that when u feel so bad about everything u cant fuction properly to be able to work, and i hate being questioned by people as to 'oh whats wrong' when u no u are meant to say 'nothing' like i would even no where to start neway. but then being home would properly be worse. Try and keep on, get through the night and as they say take one day at a time and wait till a better one comes along, thats what im trying to do

3. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

Shauna Lea, work places are supposed to give you a bit of slack if you have problems, so talk to your boss, see what they think, they might say you can listen to an mp3 players or something, I dunno, depends on your job.

If you cant concentrate because of your mood go back to your GP, they might have something to help you focus and stay less anxious in the short term

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Maybe seeing a counsellar may help. They perhaps can target what exactly is causing you to feel like this.

5. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

I dont think sitting at home would help any. Being alone for long hours at a time only give you time to think, and that usually just ends up making things worse.
    And I'm with you one that one, music is also my theropy.
    A counsellar may help, true. Personally, however, I can't stand those people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.