Trying to hang on

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband filed for divorce in September, and I moved out in November of last year. I did OK until last Thursday, which was my wedding anniversary (32nd). He sent me this message telling me that a 30 year old had asked him out (we're both 52). Since that time I have been in a tailspin. I've been suicidal in the past, but have been able to resist impulses. I can't stop crying and I keep looking up ways online to kill myself, trying to figure out which way would be effective but not too painful. The pain is so bad I can't stand it. I have 3 kids and until now they have been enough to keep me from harming myself but this past weekend it's about all I can think of. My jerk of a husband, when he saw how upset I was over it, accused me of wanting attention. I'm already on antidepressants, which helped until last Thursday. Now it's like I'm not on any meds at all. I don't want to be alone the rest of my life.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Kate.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, it seems your husband is trying to make you feel guilty and rubbing things in your face which is very unkind.
I'd stop talking to him on all accounts if I were you. I can't imagine how you must be feeling so I won't pretend that I do but you should go back to your doctor and maybe they can alter your treatment. You are not alone in this. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00